LaptopVideo2Go Forums

laptop overheats!

Guest oniboy06

Guest oniboy06

my laptop hungs every now and then when i play videogames in it.. i have updated almost every drievrs. I tink it has something to do with its overheating i guess, it gets so hot. Do you think it has something to do with the overheating? if yes, how do I deal with it. :)

Im using dell Inspiron 5150. thank you so much.

my laptop hungs every now and then when i play videogames in it.. i have updated almost every drievrs. I tink it has something to do with its overheating i guess, it gets so hot. Do you think it has something to do with the overheating? if yes, how do I deal with it. :)

Im using dell Inspiron 5150. thank you so much.

First of all please log in when you post on the forum... and fill the information related to your machine. It's much easier to read that way.

You don't need to test a gazillion drivers to see if your system is overheating. But testing 3 or 4 different game would do the trick since you can run into game / hardware problem.

What I advise you is to download the 84.25 drivers from here with their modded INF. (follow the FAQ to install the driver correctly if you are not used to modded INFs and install procedures)

Then go to the graphic card advanced properties, in the Clock frequency settings tab. Activate the manual overclocking and DOWNCLOCK your GPU in 3D mode by 20%.

If your games are stable you can probably state that you are facing an overheating issue.

Try Larry's 5150 custom INF - http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7755

Usually overheating causes slowdowns. Do you have any performance decrease before it hangs? Try Mobilemeter in Utilities section and report your temperature once in a while. See if it gets over 90C before hanging.