LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TOSHiBA Virtual Sound M | Sound output enhancement

sn0wl

Using the TVS.CMD from Post 114 on my private Desktop System with PCI SoundBlaster Live! Value

HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,ServiceName0,%REG_SZ%,emu10k
HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,ServiceName1,%REG_SZ%,gameenum
HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,ServiceName2,%REG_SZ%,audstub
HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,DeviceCount,%REG_DWORD%,3

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ultima

• ®®®

• sn0wl

• LSudlow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me? No. I once installed version 9 if i remember correct just for the heck of it, but that gave horrible sqeeking and was unusable for hearing any kind of music. Although i suspect it might have interferred with some codec... too many combinations to test, so i decided it doesn't work with the emu101k :)

I know not the exact proper way... but sound is great here on the desktop, no enhancement needed.

HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,ServiceName0,%REG_SZ%,nvnforce
HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,ServiceName1,%REG_SZ%,nvax
HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,ServiceName2,%REG_SZ%,audstub
HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,DeviceCount,%REG_DWORD%,3

NERD:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
DEVCON AUDIO...
DeviceDesc   : "NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio Codec Interface"
DeviceID	 : "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_006A&SUBSYS_80951043&REV_A1\3&13C0B0C5&0&30"
Manufacturer : "NVIDIA Corporation"

TVSASI  - TOSHiBA Virtual Sound Audio Service Information:
----------------------------------------------------------
Service Name for needed for TVS: "nvax"

This is on a ASUS A7N8X with PCI Nforce Audio.

HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,ServiceName0,%REG_SZ%,smwdm
HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,ServiceName1,%REG_SZ%,audstub
HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,DeviceCount,%REG_DWORD%,2

NERD:

DEVCON AUDIO...
DeviceDesc   : "SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio"
DeviceID	 : "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DE&SUBSYS_01AD1028&REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&F2"
Manufacturer : "Analog Devices, Inc."

TVSASI  - TOSHiBA Virtual Sound Audio Service Information:
----------------------------------------------------------
Service Name for needed for TVS: "smwdm"

This is on another DELL Optiplex... this time a GX620.

• 3 weeks later...

On a PM request;

HDAudAddService - Conexant High Definition Audio

Are you working on them, Ultima ..? :)

Actually, as you can see from the last page or so, I've been working on a generic way to detect audio services. My test installer is located at post 119, so if anything, it's be nice if the PMer could test it :)

This is exactly what I was looking for. The only problem is, is that when I install it, and reboot, the audio is very distorted, and it sounds like it's beeping while playing any type of file.

---------------------------------------------------------------
TVSASI v1.002 - TOSHiBA Virtual Sound Audio Service Information

Caption[tab][/tab] : "Realtek AC97 Audio  "
Description  : "Realtek AC97 Audio  "
DeviceID	 : "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&FD"
Manufacturer : "Realtek[tab][/tab]  "
Name[tab][/tab]    : "Realtek AC97 Audio  "
DeviceIDName : "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&FD"
ProductName  : "Realtek AC97 Audio  "
Status[tab][/tab]  : "OK[tab][/tab] "

Service Name for needed for TVS: "ALCXWDM"
//eof

I'm also using the latest Realtek drivers for the soundcard. Any suggestions?

Hm, that's annoying... I'm starting to wonder if the flag thing that I ditched near the beginning is actually required for HD audio devices... It did install properly, displaying the tray icon and all, right? And were you using the generic installer I linked to above, or were you using the installer in the first post?

Edited by Ultima

• 3 months later...

I'm hopeful some of you can help me out. I've upgraded to Vista on my Toshiba Laptop. It's slightly older (M35-S359). I've used this site to get a graphics driver for my nVida, so I'm sure I'll be able to find something for my audio. Thank all of you so much by the way for the graphics portion of this site. I tried going to laptopaudio2go.com, but no luck! :)

Anyhow, Vista installed this for it - (Intel® 82801DB/DBM AC '97 Audio Controller). I checked my system specs and it states STAC975051T Codec Chip. After searching, I found out they sold the company to another entity. I went to "IDT" I think and I couldn't find anything.

Does anyone here know what I can use for my laptop with this chip? I do have sound but it's crackling. Can I use any AC97 driver?

Thanks to everyone again!

Chris

• 4 months later...
Guest nintendomaniac64

I don't know if there's a rule here about "grave-digging", but non-the-less I think this thread should be revived. You can ip ban me otherwise :P

I'm running Windows 2000 Pro (I'm a hardcore 2K fan :) ... and also I don't have and XP installation CDs >_> :) and no matter what I do, whenever I open either Tvsprops.exe or Tvstray.exe, they seem to run only in the background. If I check the task manager, it shows them running, but there's no icon on the taskbar.

I've tried the "tvs10313.zip", but the same thing happened. I cannot discover my service name either because in Win2K, there is no "details" tab under the properties of something in the device manager. Also the download link for N.E.R.D. is dead, and I can't find the newest version anywhere else on the web. I did find an older version, but that didn't work out for me.

I am quite an audiophile, (but a cheap one at that matter since I don't have a dedicated sound card >_> :P and having used this on my sister's toshiba laptop was PURE AWESOMENESS (especially with ogg vorbis audio files since they support surround sound, the difference was quite noticeable compared to an mp3). Any way to get this to run would leave me using this for the rest of my life until it no longer worked or I found something better.

My integrated sound device is a C-Media AC97 which is on-board an ICS K7S5A Pro v5.0

To reveal the *details* tab go HERE and merge the attached .REG file

NERD isn't available right now due to the HD crash a few weeks ago.

Way to go to try it on a desktop PC (isn't the K7S5A an ECS board with SIS chipset and pretty OC capabilities for that time ?)

:)

Keep us informed how it goes.

And no there is no policy here to not grave-diggin :)

Guest nintendomaniac64

Well, seeing that it was a registry edit, I assumed that already, and already did a restart. But it's still not there...

And I'm the "technically inclined" one in my family. >_> This is embarrassing for me. v_v

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, what the crap? Where did my post go? O_o

Anyway, the download link for NERD works again, but I have no idea what I'm looking for in the log file. Sooo...

Here's the entire thing! Enjoy XD

http://members.nintendomaniac64.binaryphoe...2Go_LogFile.txt

Edited by Nintendo Maniac 64

• 4 weeks later...

ok that was an afwful idea, i just downloaded that first file not the TVS one and installed it on my m1710. rebooted and blue screened at windows log in due to the install. so i rebooted in safe mode uninstalled and now have no audio drives. i realize i probably just have to find the sigmatel drivers somewhere on the net but now when i go to device manager sigmatel is the ONLY thing i have under audio devices. all my other audio codecs and whatever the other 5 or things were under my sound and audio devices panel are now gone.........

ok so now i need some help thanks to that awful toshiba download

after getting rid of it i now downloaded and installed these three files

http://support.dell.com/support/down...WW1&hidlang=en

Creative Labs - Application

Creative Labs - Driver

SIGMATEL - Driver

hoping this would restore all my previous audio configurations it did not.

my sound does work again but now i have TWO creative audio icons in my task bar. when i right click on one of them it does as it always did giving me the options to click on EAX console, surround mixer, speaker settings etc. the other identical icon when right clicked on only opens the options to 'upgrade'. this second icon was never there before. and now i can no longer open my EAX console or any of Creative things. it simply says 'The audio device supported by this application is not detected. The application will now exit.'

can someone please help me out here.

anyone with an M170 got this download to successfully work?

ok so i fixed the whole problem. realized the toshiba download wouldnt work because i still had all the sound blaster software/driver installed.

so now i got it working and YES it does boost your sound quality but on my M1710 it ads a very definitive white noise in the background. also it sounds odd when gaming. anyone else experience this fuzz sound in the background?

It all depends on the settings. If it doesn't work flawlessly on the first time (what it does for most others) you just have bad luck or you need to invest time to fiddle around with the various settings in either the installation files, Virtual Sound or even your Media Player or Game.

• 3 weeks later...

Fellas i need some help on this one...

I installed the latest version posted by Ultima and i can't get it to work...

These are the results i get for my harware:

TVSASI v1.002 - TOSHiBA Virtual Sound Audio Service Information

Caption[tab][/tab] : "Conexant High Definition Audio  "
Description  : "Conexant High Definition Audio  "
DeviceID	 : "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5045&SUBSYS_1179FF31&REV_1001\4&484DAEA&0&0001"
Manufacturer : "Conexant[tab][/tab] "
Name[tab][/tab]    : "Conexant High Definition Audio  "
DeviceIDName : "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5045&SUBSYS_1179FF31&REV_1001\4&484DAEA&0&0001"
ProductName  : "Conexant High Definition Audio  "
Status[tab][/tab]  : "OK[tab][/tab] "

Service Name for needed for TVS: "HdAudAddService"
//eof

HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,ServiceName0,%REG_SZ%,HdAudAddService
HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,ServiceName1,%REG_SZ%,audstub
HKLM,System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tvs\Parameters,DeviceCount,%REG_DWORD%,2

No matter what config levels i use i can't get it to work :)

• 1 year later...

dudes i tried it on my brother's sony ns11s which uses the same realtek hd audio sound card BUT on crappy VISTA! even if i changed the compatibility to XP service pack 2, it didnt work either.

everything is fine, the tray icon appears and i can reach the properties panel but there is no change in the sound :) ( do you have any suggestions please?

my e-mail is: pentecost113@hotmail.com if you just send me an e-mail it would be great.thank you fellas.

• 2 months later...
Guest Nismo91

thank you for this thread.

as just by typing toshiba virtual sound in google, i can easily click this thread.

i installed TVS modded in my acer travelmate 4000 which uses conexant 16-bit audio and it works good. (i remove the driver and use intel ac97 audio driver)

before TVS was installed, the acer sounds very soft and i need to plug speakers and configure third party software to make my ears listen. the third party software and everything was so mad, that 100% volume output (to speaker) from my acer is louder than my cousin satellite A80 with TVS turned off.

still, the acer perform poorly with its built-in speaker. while i know that the satellite A80 do extremely well with toshiba virtual sound configured.

i decided to install it on the acer and the built in sound was amazing.

it also works with my cousin intel ac97 integrated desktop soundcard. but it didnt work with my x-fi surround 5.1 usb sound card.

for those who are curious, just watch my video at youtube:

Click Here

Thanks for the modded TVS everyone!

Guest Guest

Hi

Found this thread when looking for an MP3 enhancer for my Inspiron 9300. The MOD seemed to work great when playing MP3's but when I play MIDI files they all have a great deal of reverb. Sound crap.

Any ideas. I have Sigmatel Major C Audio and a Yamaha XG Soft synth installed.

Cheers

Staylong

• 9 months later...

Ultima, here's the LOG file from TVSASI.cmd. Can you add support for my sound card? I installed TVS V 10.3.12 but I only get a tray icon from which i can adjust settings but doesn't actually change the sound output :)

Realtek HD Audio Sound Card running with the latest drivers (R2.39).

Thanks a bunch :)

EDIT: I saw that my card was added in the service list, but why isn't it working?.

LV2Go_TVS_ASI.log

Edited by SCARFACE69

• 3 months later...
Guest osxdude

I have a computer with an AC'97 sound card but it's service is not in the service list (or whatever) so the software basically doesn't work (no tray icon, properties won't work). For reference, my service name is "cmuda."