LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver 8x.xx incompatibility & Win Vista

Adriano

I Have a old problem here. When rebooting after install nvidia drivers 8x.xx I get the famous "blue screen of death".

Of Course, my video card is Geforce 420Go 32mb. I have searched the forum to get answers, but I concluded this is a unsolved problem. All guys with the same problem must use version 7x.xx or older.

But Windows Vista (mine is build 5342) only works with drivers 85.xx and newer, and the "blue screen of death" persists with 85.xx... If I install a 7x.xx (designed for Win XP) with the modded INF, the install will be ok, but seems the Direct X (and all games) doesn't recognize some features of my card. For example dxdiag reports 0MB of video memory and I think this is what causes some errors in Direct X applications.

Any alternative to solve this problem ?

And sorry for bad english...

This website rocks !

Ahh, just remember one think for gamers.. I tried the Daemon Tools 3.02 and works fine... Emulates a unit, but dont emulate protections. Newest versions doesnt works.