LaptopVideo2Go Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jamie P

MXM 2 card for sale 128MB GoForce 6600!

Guest Jamie P

OK well I upgraded to the ATi x1600 so I wont be needing this. If you want, contact me at jpassalacqua82(at)hotmail.com. price is 100 shipped. IM me ohnoitsfizzy; paypal ONLY no MOs as I dont like scammers. I will ship as soon as I see the money in my account; ship via USPS priority or UPS ground.

Guest Guest

by the way this is in the US. and only ship in the US, unless you want to pay heavy shipping fees.

Ice-Tea
by the way this is in the US. and only ship in the US, unless you want to pay heavy shipping fees.

You may want to consider listing the type (probably I or II) and the distance between the thermal mounting holes (either 41 or 46mm) :)

Guest Guest

you may want to read the title as it says mxm 2. all goforce 6600s are the same so maybe if you werent sucha n00b you wouldve known that. :)

zoomy942

where did you get your ati x1600? i am waiting it out for a crack at a 7600 but im curious about that one you got

Ice-Tea
you may want to read the title as it says mxm 2. all goforce 6600s are the same so maybe if you werent sucha n00b you wouldve known that. :)

Erhhhh, no they are not. They have been available as Type I and II and there have been versions with 41 and 46mm thermal mounting holes.

Guest Guest

um actually they are. show me documentation as to where they were mxm 1? its from an alienware, and every a51-m5500 has an mxm2..i got the x1600 from alienware.

mobilenvidia

Jamie,

I might be a good idea to measure up the card as Icetea has said there are different options.

I do think some thin light notebooks come with Type 1 MxM go6600 cards

I do believe Icetea does have a little knowledge as he does deal with this as a business :)

It's best to be safe in the specs to avoid dissapointment for the buyer.

This would be ideal as a replacement GPU or if there are any Type 2 go6400's out there.

Guest Guest

and like i said, show me documentation. learn how to type as well. i am in the business as well, but i dont go posting useless knowledge on these forums....a search on google yields nothing about mxm type 1 goforce 6600 cards. i guess i must be wrong.

Guest Guest

and calling his a business from plagerizing from nVidias, and other sites is not a business. second of all i stated its a type 2 card, so its not type 1, even if there is this so called magical type 1 6600 card. secondly, ice tea, why dont you post more details in your thread that your selling your 256MB card? the mounting holes are the same thats why you just want to be a tough guy on the net, and make everyone think you know everything. i think stating its a type 2 card is plenty enough for people to know. thanks.

Ice-Tea

My apologies that the level of my english does not comply to your standards. I guess I should learn to master my third language a bit better before I start spreading nonsense on the web, eh?

untitled3pa.jpg

Linky

I was thinking you would have wanted to inform your potential costumers as well as you could. Guess I was wrong.

mobilenvidia
and calling his a business from plagerizing from nVidias, and other sites is not a business. second of all i stated its a type 2 card, so its not type 1, even if there is this so called magical type 1 6600 card. secondly, ice tea, why dont you post more details in your thread that your selling your 256MB card? the mounting holes are the same thats why you just want to be a tough guy on the net, and make everyone think you know everything. i think stating its a type 2 card is plenty enough for people to know. thanks.

You seem awfully angry over nothing, we are trying to help, the more info you can supply on your card the more likely you are to sell it.

You would probably be the first person to jump up and down if your X1600 came with different mounting holes.

Icetea has his own section in our forums not by accident, but because he know's his stuff.

Now lets have no more bickering and sell this card, see if you can maybe attach a photo of it for people to have a look at.

It's always easier to sell something a buyer can see.

Guest Guest

well just letting you know, thats in russia, here in america, we dont have a mxm 1 6600 module. secondly, you answered you own question when you asked me the first time what the card is...i simply stated that its a MXM 2 card and is in the title. so next time you can read first, but yea, i guess we were both wrong. its from an alienware, so i know all those are the same.

Ice-Tea
well just letting you know, thats in russia, here in america, we dont have a mxm 1 6600 module. secondly, you answered you own question when you asked me the first time what the card is...i simply stated that its a MXM 2 card and is in the title. so next time you can read first, but yea, i guess we were both wrong. its from an alienware, so i know all those are the same.

For reference, the 1559 listed is an Aopen, sold all over the world, the US included.

The second link is to Pixelview/Prolink. They were once heavily in the MXM market. I linked to their Russion site because it contains the only remaining reference to MXM's in the obsoleted components even though they were offered globally.

I indeed failed to interpret the '2' in the title as Type II. I fail to see how my simple suggestion to include more information warrants your less than respectfull remarks, but hey, it's a free world.

I hope you'll be able to sell your card,

"Ice-Tea"

Edited by Ice-Tea

Ice-Tea

That's Type I.

I'll take it if you can get it shipped to me for 100$

Guest Guest

email me..also its type II...its from an alienware m5500...

That's Type I.

I'll take it if you can get it shipped to me for 100$

AGAIN WRONG!

whitetigerx7

Actually it is a Type-II but it MIGHT have a Type-I BIOS. My m5500 has the MXM Type-II card specs but in SiSoft Sandra and 3DMark2003 it registers as a Type-I card. My guess is MAYBE the original specs were mismatched between Type I and II.

Guest Guest
Actually it is a Type-II but it MIGHT have a Type-I BIOS. My m5500 has the MXM Type-II card specs but in SiSoft Sandra and 3DMark2003 it registers as a Type-I card. My guess is MAYBE the original specs were mismatched between Type I and II.

why would it have a type 1 BIOS? that makes no sense whatsoever...your going to believe a program over what the manufacturer states? you ever think that those programs are reporting it wrong?? :)

can someone just buy the card and stop the bitching and arguing its a type II card get over it....your man ice tea is not God, so he doesnt know everything.

®®®

Ever heard of respectful behaving/posting especially as a guest? This thread is full of aggression actually only from your side. Other people involved in this thread _try_ to argue and discuss with you but obviously have not the slightest success.

I suggest you try to sell your card elsewhere and we close that thread for the sake of maintaining our forum a peacefull community.

Not beeing able to respect others will not help getting rid of your "Goforce 6600", which is actually a totally wrong description of your card :)

Ice-Tea

I'm gonna try one last time....

This is the mechanical spec for MXM. From nVIDIA. I guess these guys know a thing or two about it. Check page 7. Note the relative position of the mounting holes. Now check the pictures from your card. Then draw your own conclusions.

In case you missed this: this is actually good for you. This extends your potential costumer base from people who want to upgrade from a 6600 to... well, a 6600 to people stuck with a 6200 TC on Type I.

Then again, why I'm still trying to help you out is beyond me.

Guest Guest

I have an Alienware m5500 and am looking for an MXM card to install. I will pay up to $150 and shipping to Tokyo (where I live) for it.

If anyone has a an MXM card from an m5500 they want to part with, contact me.

janschiffman@hotmail.com

Regards,

Jan

Ice-Tea
I have an Alienware m5500 and am looking for an MXM card to install. I will pay up to $150 and shipping to Tokyo (where I live) for it.

If anyone has a an MXM card from an m5500 they want to part with, contact me.

janschiffman@hotmail.com

Regards,

Jan

Hi there Jan,

Didn't you get the email?

Perhaps the gentleman that started the thread can help you. So can I, but unfortunately not for that price.

In case you'd consider one with me after all, please tell me a bit more why you need it. I try hard not to ship cards to people who misinterpret their own need to get one :)

Ice-Tea

MXM Upgrade