LaptopVideo2Go Forums

have MXM costumers been left in the dust?

Guest mark

i think the sad reality is that us MXM costumers will be forgotten.. i think nvidia used the upgradabilty factor to get MXM rolling and infact had no plan whatsoever. Nvidia will never sell any modules themselves so thats out of the question, and it will be easy for them to pull the old "thats up to your notebook manufacture" card... then all the notebook makers will just say they never put out any MXM guarantees to begin with.. thats my opinion unless someone knows of some plans out there written in stone?

i think the sad reality is that us MXM costumers will be forgotten.. i think nvidia used the upgradabilty factor to get MXM rolling and infact had no plan whatsoever. Nvidia will never sell any modules themselves so thats out of the question, and it will be easy for them to pull the old "thats up to your notebook manufacture" card... then all the notebook makers will just say they never put out any MXM guarantees to begin with.. thats my opinion unless someone knows of some plans out there written in stone?

Heheh... I sell these cards :) I currently only have 6600 and 6800, but I should get the new gen too. :)