LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Keyboard Scroll Lock LED HDD-Activity Tool

explanation:

On HD-activity the Scroll Lock LED should lit.

It's a gimmick like the RemoteX software for Toshiba 5xxx.

Doesnt work on my Laptop (no LED under F12/ScrollLock), but try it yourself.

The software is german and english.

Here is a forum thread which discusses the software (in german):

http://community.ttecx.de/index.php?mode=viewthread&forum_id=20&thread=32' target="_blank">

:)

hdd_KB_LED.zip

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

as I couldn't understand google's translation of those pages my question is: does this tool copies HDD activity light from front panel to scroll lock lamp or there is something else?

I think when I tried it, it made my scroll lock key get pressed continuously (making the light flicker), atleast when my hdd was going, it also made the "scroll lock on" and "scroll lock off" message constantly appear on my screen. (I know you can turn those off, but anyway), the comment that it uses 10 MB of ram doesn't sound too good either.

My laptop has a light right above the scroll lock light that has HDD activity anyway.

This might be interesting for some, but I don't need it.

The program could be usefull someday, like if somebody's HDD light is in a bad spot, or broken or non-existent.

as I couldn't understand google's translation of those pages my question is: does this tool copies HDD activity light from front panel to scroll lock lamp or there is something else?

As far from what i saw from this tool in action on a desktop system, it just 'copies' the activity. Means the LED @ the Desktop case is still blinking on HD activity. It might be useful if your Desktop is under the table and you're to lazy to look down.

I noticed a bug on that system: one of the Arrow keys was not working on HD activity :) (might be an issue with the installed Logitech Keyboard software for the huge amount of extra buttons).

it also made the "scroll lock on" and "scroll lock off" message constantly appear on my screen. (I know you can turn those off, but anyway),
Of course this needs to be turned off to not be bothered :)

• 8 months later...

HddLed Indicator

HddLed Indicator is a tool to monitor hard drive activity. Small indicator on the screen blinks the same way as hard drive led indicator on a pc case.

If pc case is not visible directly, then HddLed Indicator will help monitor hard drive i/o operations and, possibly, prevent any unauthorised activity.

With HddLed Indicator you can select which of the logical disks or hard drives you want to look after.

Current HddLed Indicator version works on Windows XP/2000 only.

Features:

• Monitor multiple hard drives.
  • Monitor multiple logical discs.
  • All-in-one mode - single indicator for all drives.
  • Use keyboard ScrollLock led to indicate activity.
  • Use system notification area (system tray) to indicate activity.
  • Low system memory and CPU utilization.

WEBSITE / DOWNLOAD (shareware, 433k)