LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba 2410-504 - Overclocking?

th0r0n

Hi,

I have a Toshiba 2410-504 (Think it's the special edition one with 1.7Ghz P4 and 256DDR RAM) and I would like to overclock the graphics card. (Geforce 420 Go 32MB)

I've read the thread about the 2410 overclock, but my machine only has 256 of RAM as opposed to the gig that's in the test machine, should I go a lot lower with the overclock as a result of this?

How safe would overclocking this card be? I don't want my laptop to catch fire :)

I also have a couple of other questions that this is REALLY the wrong forum for but if anyone would be kind enough to answer them I'd be most grateful!

1) Anyone know where I can get extra memory modules from and how much they cost?

2) Read somewhere about my Geforce 420 Go! 32MB having a built in TV tuner or something? Can someone confirm/deny?

Thanks very much, first post BTW!

Toby

Don't bother much to overclock your card, really.

And for TV tuner, I don't think it's integrated. Maybe you've read that in some models there are optional TV tuners installed. Could you be talking about Integrated TV Encoder?

Yeah you can give it a go but it's an outdated card, it won't help much on nowadays games :] If you want to enhance your laptop in other ways, be sure to check Toshiba Virtual Sound and utilities found in the related section.

Hmm, I have a creative audigy 2 nx soundcard :) But thanks anyway :)