LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Upgrade go6800 MXMIII Amilo

fireblade

Does anyone know where can i find a 7800 go or 7900 go to put on my amilo?

Friends told me that the 7800 from DELL aren't MXMIII certified? is it true?

the fact is that not if they find some on the market and I do not succeed to understand if they are compatible with my model. I hope that the someone most expert one than me can give some news to me...

Does anyone know where can i find a 7800 go or 7900 go to put on my amilo?

Friends told me that the 7800 from DELL aren't MXMIII certified? is it true?

the fact is that not if they find some on the market and I do not succeed to understand if they are compatible with my model. I hope that the someone most expert one than me can give some news to me...

Hi Fireblade,

Yes, it's true: Dell does not use MXM (AFAIK).

AS for where to get the 7800 MXM: I have no knowledge of where they can be bought yet, but I should get them soon. Check these forums from time to time or my website to keep up to date.

Ice-Tea

Hi Fireblade,

Yes, it's true: Dell does not use MXM (AFAIK).

AS for where to get the 7800 MXM: I have no knowledge of where they can be bought yet, but I should get them soon. Check these forums from time to time or my website to keep up to date.

Ice-Tea

Thanks a lot, i have found in italy this store with this:

http://www.futuracomputers.com/articolo.ph...DEO&cod=vxm0003

is the good choice for the amilo?? :)

Hi there,

Yes, it should be ok. Two things to check first:

* Distance between mounting holes of the heatsink. There are two possibilities: 41 and 46mm. The Amilo has 46 AFAIK and that card should be the same. Even though it's unlikely for a Type III with a 7800 to be 41mm, I suggest you check this first.

* AFAIK, your current card has standoffs attached to the MXM card for the mounting of the heatsink. You should be handy enough to find a solution for this.

Regards,

Ice-Tea