LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell C840 GeForce 440 Go

Lamatron

I installed the 64 MB 440 Go card on my laptop and the screen is VERY dark. If i tilt the monitor i can make out what is going on the screen. everything on the system runs fine. the computer says everything is good to go with the video card, but the screen is nearly totally black. I put my old video card back in, and the screen is normal.

Any thoughts? thanks for any help.

Backlight not working with new card ?

Inverter not liking your new card ?

I assume you have tried Fn + the arrow keys and the BIOS options correct?

What was the old video card you had, and where did you get the new one from?

Also what VBIOS does the new card have and which BIOS does your motherboard have? (you want C840 A13)

Also does an external monitor have a messed up screen? (unlikely, but if so the card is screwed)

As he hinted at, could be a loose connection on the card. Only plug one cable up to the card, did you notice anything strange about the new one? (loose maybe compared to old?)

Could try running with keyboard off and press down on the connector a bit to see if it magically works, which means the connector on the card is loose or something.

I assume you have tried Fn + the arrow keys and the BIOS options correct?

What was the old video card you had, and where did you get the new one from?

Also what VBIOS does the new card have and which BIOS does your motherboard have? (you want C840 A13)

Also does an external monitor have a messed up screen? (unlikely, but if so the card is screwed)

As he hinted at, could be a loose connection on the card. Only plug one cable up to the card, did you notice anything strange about the new one? (loose maybe compared to old?)

Could try running with keyboard off and press down on the connector a bit to see if it magically works, which means the connector on the card is loose or something.

I tried to install C840 A13 from the Dell support website, and that did not work. A prompt said that I do not have a dell C840--which i obviously do. I installed this card before without troubles and it worked, but then a circuit came off so I returned the hardware and was sent a new one. This time, the screen is just black.

My current video card is the GeForce Mx 32 MB.