LaptopVideo2Go Forums

m5700...need mxm 6800 ULTRA or 7800

Guest guestie

Guest guestie

where can i buy this...and this will definately void warranty correct? because i dont think its worth it then since my aw is always having to be replaced mobos and cpus lol. and would it fry my pc? if not avaiable yet wuts the eta? and etaprice?

where can i buy this...and this will definately void warranty correct? because i dont think its worth it then since my aw is always having to be replaced mobos and cpus lol. and would it fry my pc? if not avaiable yet wuts the eta? and etaprice?

I'm assuming you're oo Jack oo from NBF :)

Copy paste from there:

I have no real ETA, but it should be waaay less than a year.

As to your second question: yes, it will void your guarantee, but the chance of actually frying your lappy is very small. The thermal budgets of both cards are comparable or at least they don't differ enough to warrant any fireworks

Guest Guest
I'm assuming you're oo Jack oo from NBF :)

Copy paste from there:

I have no real ETA, but it should be waaay less than a year.

As to your second question: yes, it will void your guarantee, but the chance of actually frying your lappy is very small. The thermal budgets of both cards are comparable or at least they don't differ enough to warrant any fireworks

so if i ordered this

http://www.futuracomputers.com/articolo.ph...DEO&cod=vxm0003

right now and opened up my laptop and stuck the chip in (ive never opened up a laptop) 99% chance that it will work and not ruin my pc?

Guest Guest

wouldnt my m5700 not even recognize the card? the bios would not recognize it. would you have to hack the bios? but then your warranty is 100% gone

Guest Guest
wouldnt my m5700 not even recognize the card? the bios would not recognize it. would you have to hack the bios? but then your warranty is 100% gone

and + i dont know how to flash a bios

In theory, no flashing of the Bios is required, as the video bios is on the MXM card.

But there's no way of telling how the manufacurers handle this. They may have implemented a mechanism that disables upgrade :) even though I have have heard of no actuall occurances of that.

Guest guest
In theory, no flashing of the Bios is required, as the video bios is on the MXM card.

But there's no way of telling how the manufacurers handle this. They may have implemented a mechanism that disables upgrade :) even though I have have heard of no actuall occurances of that.

how could i find out? i dont want to spend 600$ on a 7800gtx mxmIII and then have it not work lol

how could i find out? i dont want to spend 600$ on a 7800gtx mxmIII and then have it not work lol

Wait untill someone has tried it :)