LaptopVideo2Go Forums

driver install, and then problem

RaQuMaX

hi all.

I have a problem with my computer and driver. then I have installed a new driver my screen can only be 640x480 and i 4 bit color. I cant change anything. any there have same problem as my.

my system:

dell inspiron 9400

1.88 GHz duo centrino. 667 MHz.

2 Gb 667 MHz ram.

80 Gb hd 7200 rpm.

nvidia 7800 go 256 Mb ram.

1920x1200 ultra sharp display.

If you are limited to that resolution YOU HAVE NO DRIVER INSTALLED. Go to the Dell website and download the latest driver from there... 84.30 or so.

Otherwise read the FAQ on this site.

I have the dell driver. bu I will like to get a newer one. I have tryed the 4 latest driver on this side. and its the same. its locked to 640x480 and 4 bit.

I have the dell driver. bu I will like to get a newer one. I have tryed the 4 latest driver on this side. and its the same. its locked to 640x480 and 4 bit.

The current Dell driver for the Inspiron 9400 is aging: nVidia Geforce Go 7800, Driver, Windows XP, Multi Language, Inspiron 9400/E1705, v.78.59, A01

While my Inspiron 9300 has a 84.30 available for its Geforce Go 6800... Have you tried to install the 84.25 driver? It seems that it's the best so far and has all the latest feature you might need. (Purevideo acceleration and Oblivion optimisations)