LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GF440 Go 64MB TV Out Not Working

Spoom

Hi,

For the last day or so I've been trying to get my S-Video out working with my TV. I have a GeForce 440 Go 64MB on my Uniwill / Hugebee N351S1 laptop. I've connected my S-Video out to an S-Video cable, which then connects to an S-Video to RCA converter, then an RCA cable to my TV. Unfortunately, the furthest I've ever gotten with seeing something on my TV is random spots of colour.

I've downloaded and installed the 84.43 drivers from LV2Go, with and without the Medion TV out fix enabled. Without, it seems to detect that the TV is there (at least it did when I rebooted for the first time) but doesn't show anything on the TV, except random spots of colour on the TV when NView is set to clone mode (suggesting to me that the refresh rate or something about its output is something the TV can't handle). With the TV out fix, it seems to find the TV as an analog display rather than a TV, allowing more options but still nothing that actually works.

I've tried forcing TV detection and rebooting, various types of output (my TV is AFAIK an NTSC TV as I live in Canada, but none of the NTSC settings work, and PAL settings just give various gray lines flickering across the screen), and various resolutions. Nothing seems to work. I searched around the forum and looked at the FAQs but most TV out issues talk about a black and white output, which I've never actually seen (most of the time it's just a black screen).

A long time ago (we're talking two years), I was able to get it working for a while with my manufacturer's (horribly out of date) drivers. I've since formatted and reinstalled at least once and haven't been able to get the display back. I just want to try throwing some internet TV on the TV for a change.

I've attached a NERD logfile for you guys in case it helps. If you need any more information, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance. :)

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

LaptopVideo2Go_RegInfo.txt

Since no one answered... I try something. I used to have a dedicated machine to play the DIVX on my TV. I used a Geforce 4 Ti4200. In order to work perfectly I had to keep my graphic driver in the 50.x something... over the top of my head I would say 56.77 or so. (it probably had an official stereo driver)

Anyway I would run into issues with more recent drivers. Since my hardware was aging those new drivers wouln't bring me new features. On top of that I used TVTool to control every aspect of the TV output.

Have you tried a full SVideo connection? I've seen cases where the composite output would mess things up.

ps: you are right for Canada the TV format is NTSC 60Hz.

Interesting Log :)

OEM String : {"SMBIOS Support from AMI ","Tested by James "}

EnclosureName : Uknown Chassis Manufacture

From what else i have read in the log is that you have enabled Single Display mode. In order to output content to TV you need to set up for example CloneMode or DualView in the NV Control Panel.

Well yes, for now I have single display enabled as I can't get TV output on the other options anyway. Whenever I'm testing, I'll of course turn on Clone or Dualview. My laptop is made by a Taiwanese manufacturer (Uniwill) and resold (the reseller is now out of business) so a lot of the stuff is likely non-standard parts.

I'll try a direct SVideo connection when I get a chance. Thanks for the help :)