LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TOSHiBA Mic Effect

sn0wl

Toshiba Mic Effect is designed to reduce echo when using the internal microphone. This utility should only be installed after the appropriate sound driver has been installed.

tme.jpg

Toshiba Mic Effect is a utility used to implement comfortable call with echo canceller. Echo canceller removes or reduces any harsh echoes and howling sounds that occur when playing sound through speakers that was recorded with a microphone.

Download (Version: 2.07.02, Size: 6,780,552 bytes)

Note: To install it, add your audio service name in ini file in temporary folder before clicking next in installer.

Interesting find, sn0wl... I didn't actually get it installed the "normal" way, but got it installed the "TVS HD way," and I want to figure out how to get the Microphone Array feature enabled (you can see a description of this in the [Group46]Help(MA-Eng)\TAudEffect.chm if you extract it with WinPack/i6comp).

Can you provide the Registry key at HKLM\Software\Toshiba\TAudEff, so I can mess around a bit? Thanks =]

Edit: Er, nevermind, it seems to have added the registry entries on its own... odd... anyway, time to play around :)

Edit: Still can't figure out how to get Microphone Array working... anyway, it seems it only works with one sound device at a time, so you can't use the sound card for output and some USB device for input (Logitech QuickCam 4000 in my case). Bleh...

Edited by Ultima

• 3 weeks later...

I realised this utility disables functionality of TVS so I uninstalled it.

It worked fine for me... I had actually created an installer, but deleted it since it's of very limited use =T

Hehe, maybe it was something else that corrupted TVS cause I had to reinstall TVS as well after uninstalling Mic Effect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest Rich Porter

This is a very useful site.

The download for improving the mic effect is over my head. In particular:

"add your audio service name in ini file in temporary folder"

How do you do that? Screenshots would be great.

Thanks for all the info.

• 4 years later...
Guest Spronkles

A little off topic... if you're having difficulty using a microphone on your Toshiba Satellite, the one device that worked (after testing about 6) is the Gigaware USB Stereo Headset. About $19.99 at Radio Shack. fwiw.