LaptopVideo2Go Forums

driver update Geforce4 440 Go64M HP/Compaq for Pinnacle Studio 10

michaelkames

I am just too little into this to find the answers myself on this forum, sorry in advance

for the bother. Hope someone can give me guidance.

As I assume (installed Pinnacle Studio 10, video-editting program, causing disrupted views) I need to update the drivers on my laptop, details as follows:

HP/Compaq

Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go64

it says it's currently running the driver version 7.2.3.0 which I managed to pick up from the HP website but hardly seems an up to date one as I found out from Nvidia a lot more recent ones are applicable.

Have tried to specify which driver I need exactly but I really can not figure it out exactly do the lack of knowledge of all numbers,names and I dont know what else that is just "Chinese" to me (no offense btw...)

Can someone please tell this newbie to this all (preferably with an URL-link) what is the latest driver update I might pick to make things work for me?

thanks a lot for your support,

Michael

Yep, saw that, read it and still...which one do I have to choose?..In the lists which one is supported, I can not find any that matches my Geforce 4 440 Go64...THAT is my problem...which one do I need to update it??

please help me out..someone??

Yep, saw that, read it and still...which one do I have to choose?..In the lists which one is supported, I can not find any that matches my Geforce 4 440 Go64...THAT is my problem...which one do I need to update it??

please help me out..someone??

Since you already have a driver past the 70... you could upgrade to 84.25 which is the reference right now. It wont bring you new stuff since your GPU is from a past generation.

Your issues with Studio could be that you dont have the latest DirectX runtime. BTW Pinnacle is nowhere near the Pantheon of the bug free programing.

LOL I just saw the minimum requirements... your video card is OK but your soundcard seems below the limit. If it's the cause of your problem... send at Pinnacle headquaters a stockpile of french poodle crap in my name.

DirectX 9 or higher compatible graphics card with 32 MB (ATI Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce 3 or higher with 128 MB recommended)

DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound card (Creative Audigy or M-Audio recommended)

NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0179.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go 64M "

It is in the list, you missed it. It is not important which one to install. When it is in the list, all Modded INFs support it. For example give 84.25 a try. You can find information about installation in the guide.

guys,

can't thank you enough!!!...man, had sweaty hands through out the whole proces coz I am just not too familiar with these kinda things where you seem to be real cracks in the meantime!!

Managed to download, extract and replace the INF-file for the 84.25 version which was recommended by you guys. And YEP, it seems to have a good result as Studio 10 by Pinnacle seems to work now! So it definately was a shortcoming in the driver that I had going! (oh and also installed that Direct X thing that was suggested (cant do any harm to update that as well I guess...tks for bringing that forward too!!)

a BIIIIG THANK YOU AGAIN!!!..your guidance and time well appreciated!!

best regards,

Michael-84.25-Kames

Edited by michaelkames

• 1 year later...
Guest ironmaidenstu

i cant play certain games because my nvidia driver is unsupported, it is geforce4 420 go, can u please help me? is there a way i can update it to gefoce 9800 or sumin?