LaptopVideo2Go Forums

No Driver for Geforce Go 7400?

Guest Jessi

Guest Jessi

My windows automatically updated, and I shut down my computer, only to boot up and realize my geforce go 7400 driver for the laptop (vaio) is gone. Where can I get the driver? I've been looking everywhere but I can't find it.

My windows automatically updated, and I shut down my computer, only to boot up and realize my geforce go 7400 driver for the laptop (vaio) is gone. Where can I get the driver? I've been looking everywhere but I can't find it.

If it was previously installed... you want to roll back to the previous driver.

Guest keben
If it was previously installed... you want to roll back to the previous driver.

get a look at my other post...i have the feeling it may be the same probleme i got...a vaio with two graphic boards...one intel and one nvidia....therefore the only think you got to do...it's push the stamina-speed button and reboot..to get your nvidia back...don't expect sony support to help you!...See my post :)

*preparing to roll on the floor*

You got a laptop with a dual GPU solution:

NVIDAI card gets only activated if playing games (demanding the Power of NVIDIA :) ) while Intel's GPU solution is meant to be for Desktop, Internet and Office work.

Could it be that INtel's drivver was updated through WindowsUpdate and it disabled NV's driver somwhow (check with Device Manager and EvenrtViewer) or post a NERD logfile.

What ?? :o

do you want to say it uses 2 GPU's ? :o why is that good for ? Just don't include that Intel GPU, it would be much cheaper too, no ?!

This is (in my eyes) a quite big con for this laptop (it's the Vaio FE I suppose ?) as it looked one of best fitting laptops for me these days (waiting for the core 2 duo :) )

do you want to say it uses 2 GPU's ? :o why is that good for ? Just don't include that Intel GPU, it would be much cheaper too, no ?!

It's like the Turbo switch that use to lie between the power and reset on REALLY old coputer cases.

Vanilla mode: Intel integrated video

Steroid mode: nVidia GPU

The main interest for a laptop is the low consumption of the Intel solution. I want to believe that the graphic card is integrated in the northbridge and that it uses the system RAM. Therefore the power overhead of the Intel solution is 5 to 10W less than nVidia card in low power mode. (min PowerMizer)

In those conditions... I'm not convinced that the power saved make a difference.