LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Not able to Overclock

Laminar

Hey everyone,

I have a Toshiba F10 that recently got recalled and had a geforce 5700 replaced with a geforce 6600. I have been attempting to overclock but coolbits will not show up (using 84.25 drivers and the modified .inf with coolbits enabled). I have also tried the .reg enable file on this site as well as the coolbits enabler .reg on guru3d with no luck.

I also tried riva tuner and was able to underclock my card but not overclock it. Is there anyway to enable overclocking or is it possible that my card is just locked down?

with a 6600, you shouldnt need to overclock. If my FX Go5200 can play games at moderate & playable speeds, yours should easily be able to do it.

But, to my knowledge, all cards are overclockable. Some ATI's are locked from what I've heard, but none of nVidia's are, in fact, coolbits just unlocks the overclocking page, it was always in nVidia's drivers.

had a geforce 5700 replaced with a geforce 6600
:) How did _that_ work??

:interesting: How did _that_ work??

I had computer (a toshiba F10) taken in 3 times for overheating. They replaced the motherboard every single time!. The fourth time I brought it in I told them they better do something about it, because for a laptop this expensive it is ridiculous to have this problem. They phoned me the next day and said that a recall hade been made. I sent my computer out and it came back with a new 915GM chipset and a geforce 6600. I guess they are recalling this not just in Canada, but other countries as well.

Also on topic, I said to hell with overclocking. I am just not going to play any game where I cannot get a good framerate with decent graphics settings.

I play Wow at 20FPS (everything down though) and 800x600 at stock speeds, overclocked I get 25FPS at 1024x768 shaders and textures on high, distance half way up.