LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Low benchmark scores @ Dell Latitude D820

Guest Mads G

Guest Mads G

Hi,

I have received a brand new Latitude D820 with the nVidia Quadro NVS 120M 512 Mb Gfx card installed, but I am getting real lousy graphics performance. If I run 3dMark, I receive far to low scores. I have tried to reinstall Windows XP and only install the Intel chipset drivers and the nVidia driver from Dell's site. Furthermore I have tried a later driver with a modified inf file from this site, with no luck.

When I run 3dmark I receive framerates ranging from 1-10 fps (not only in the cpu tests). Does anyone have any hints, and please publish your 3dmark scores for comparison if you have a laptop with the same configuration...

Regards

Mads

Edited by ®®®

Have the same system and had horrific visual effects with the included Dell/Nvidia drivers (83.13?) and all my NET-applications crashes (with interface failures). Tried some newer versions (84.25 and 84.29) and the desktop experience are much better but my NET-applications still crashes after some use.

Haven?t even tried benchmarking my system yet, but with the less-than-optimal drivers my hopes aren?t high.

• 3 months later...

I have the same D820 and I have the exact same low benchmark scores. I'm not too sure why the benchmarks are coming out the way that they are. I have tried multiple driver sets and all with no success.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same D820 and I have the exact same low benchmark scores. I'm not too sure why the benchmarks are coming out the way that they are. I have tried multiple driver sets and all with no success.

The NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120 isn't meant for gaming. On dell's website, they say that it is geared towards business applications, and would do well if used for CAD applications. It isn't meant to be used as a gaming card. 512 MB or not, if that's what Dell says, then that's what Dell gives.