LaptopVideo2Go Forums

x1800 price setting question

Ice-Tea

Hello all,

Some of you may know me already, for the others: I represent http://www.mxm-upgrade. We aim to make MXM cards publicaly available. Untill now, we have only been able to source Type II 6600's and 'Arima Special' 6800's.

But now we have found a source for x1800 and x1600 cards. But the prices are pretty ridiculous. Taking everything into acount, it would be commercial suicide to offer them for anything less than 425?. So, would you?

Looking forward to your reply,

Ice-Tea

MXM Upgrade

i would consider it. i am an nvidia guy, but i dont know how my wait for the 7600 is going, so id consider it

How fast is the x1800, I cant find any reviews. Around the same as the 7800go?

edit:

And how hot does this card get, my 6800go gets 85degrees after half an hour gaming.

Edited by Maier

About. You should get a 50% increase or something like that.

And how hot does this card get, my 6800go gets 85degrees after half an hour gaming.

Power budget is the same. But maybe you should clean out your fans etc. regardless of buying an x1800.

if it would fit.... maybe. I mean it's a hell of alot cheaper than buying a new laptop with X1800s in them. But either way it's still a bit. ATM I don't think many people would be up for it but once the current gpus (X700s and 6600) start REALLY struggling then I think alot more people would be up for it.

Mike Check

Guest Guest

edit:

are u talking F or Celcius...im not exactly sure what the average graphic card temperature is, but i have touched my card right after playing games for an hour, and it is actually too hot to keep my fingers on? definetly more than 85 degrees F. my fans all work fine and are clean, can anyone relate?

Its 85 degrees celcius. My fans are clean too, but in my m3438g there is only one fan for the whole system. So maybe thats why its getting so hot.

yeah but I only have one fan for my CPU and GPU too and mine gets nowhere NEAR that hot. Even after a fourday LAN-worth of gaming on CoD2 and HL2 it still sits at around 70 at the absolute max. I'd check to make sure you havn't got your fan turn-on-ness set too high. There might be an option saying: turn on when temp reaches xdegress C.

Mike Check

I think it's typical to Amilo x438 laptops; mine does 80 - 81 when pushed hard.

My former Acer 1714 did easily 95...