LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Found 7800Go MXM on ebay.

emonster

Guest Guest
Dead link :)

Any idea ... my friend have upgraded m3438g with 7800 go ,but seem that the notebook won't start...

led on for a second and than off... stop...

Guest Guest

Hi, i'm italian... anyone that is capable to mod the bios of amilo 3438g to support the go 7800??? :)

please it's very important for me and other friends!!! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, i'm italian... anyone that is capable to mod the bios of amilo 3438g to support the go 7800??? :)

please it's very important for me and other friends!!! Thanks

Got some information.

Contacted a source on this.Quanta has modified their cards in such a way that they have become unuasble for other books. He quoted 'video bios modifications' but I'm not sure what to make of it. He also reaffirmed that other cards can freely be exchanged (as Pikas just prooved) between any combination of Uniwill and Arima gear.

So, it would seeml the 7800 Gateway card is doomed.

The only way out I can see is to try to boot on integrated graphics and to try flashing the 7800's vBios.

• 3 weeks later...
Got some information.

Contacted a source on this.Quanta has modified their cards in such a way that they have become unuasble for other books. He quoted 'video bios modifications' but I'm not sure what to make of it. He also reaffirmed that other cards can freely be exchanged (as Pikas just prooved) between any combination of Uniwill and Arima gear.

So, it would seeml the 7800 Gateway card is doomed.

The only way out I can see is to try to boot on integrated graphics and to try flashing the 7800's vBios.

I Don't think this card is doomed. It must be FLASHED by another VBIOS

Does the 7600 GO QUANTA MXM Boot correctly? Do you flash it?

I Don't think this card is doomed. It must be FLASHED by another VBIOS

Does the 7600 GO QUANTA MXM Boot correctly? Do you flash it?

The card boots, but it doesn't show any image. Reflashing is what I plan to do once I get my hands on the card (and a suitable vBios).

Guest: I'm currently not offering these cards. I've lost a s***load of money on them, and I don't plan to add insult to injury by shipping these cards back and forth any longer, loosing money every step of the way.

Ice-Tea

well, icetea, that guest post was me. sorry, i get excited anytime i see a glimmer of hope for a 7600 :)

well, icetea, that guest post was me. sorry, i get excited anytime i see a glimmer of hope for a 7600 :)

Hi Zoomy,

No problem. I just hope Quanta didn't protect their notebooks on the vBios side too...

Ice-Tea

i noticed in your sig that the 7600 type iii is available. dangit. i would have babies with a type ii.

do you need someone to test bios flashing? i have done that alot in desktop systems

Guest Guest
It shouldn't be a problem. Let us know :)

how does x1800 compare with 7800go anyone know? better ? worse? and if that amilio was upgraded, think a z81sp could be upgraded to x1800?

how does x1800 compare with 7800go anyone know? better ? worse? and if that amilio was upgraded, think a z81sp could be upgraded to x1800?

Same class, wouldn't know about specifics.

It should be possible, but we won't know untill someone tries :)

Same class, wouldn't know about specifics.

It should be possible, but we won't know untill someone tries :)

My friend says that the 7800 GO coming from QUANTA GATEWAYS boots very well on the new ARIMA Notebook sli!!!!

My friend says that the 7800 GO coming from QUANTA GATEWAYS boots very well on the new ARIMA Notebook sli!!!!

Eh? It does? :)

Good lord, these cards are the nails in my coffin.

if anyone wants to give it another try, let me know.

Hm...that should be Interesting for a Friend of mine...but are´nt Gateway GraCa´s incompatible???

Edited by Pirate85

Pirate85, GraCa's (analog zu Grafikkarten <-> GraKa) gibt's im Englischen nicht. Schreib GPU oder einfach den Namen der Karte. Soll nur ein Hinweis sein, wolln ja keine Missverständnisse aufkommen lassen :)

Pirate85, GraCa's (analog zu Grafikkarten <-> GraKa) gibt's im Englischen nicht. Schreib GPU oder einfach den Namen der Karte. Soll nur ein Hinweis sein, wolln ja keine Missverständnisse aufkommen lassen :)

^^ Alles Klar, komischerweise Labern die Ami´s in Ramstein (ist ne Amigarnision in der nähe meines Dienststandortes) nur so :) - aber okay, du bist schon ewig lange hier.

Danke dir!

Greetz