LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v88.61 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA

Computer Potato

5 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Guest Guest

Thanks for your work anyway. :)

Hmmm, what do you think: Maybe just upgrading/changing the GeForce Go 6800's firmware to a DELL-Version could work? Is it possible to damage the hardware that way or should a just give it a try?

spyro

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Fabrice Roux

• Jericho

• manofice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look in first post for INF

It's the original INF with only GPU support added no other mods made.

Doesn't look hopeful for you.

Guest Jeremy

I successfully installed the drivers using the modded inf on my Toshiba Qosmio G20 with GeForce Go 6600, but everything freezes or skips every couple of seconds -> the mouse pointer, window animations, video, audio, etc. are all affected. I am forced to use the Microsoft drivers which don't allow aero.

I was wondering if this is just because of beta problems with the driver or if there is something else that I could do to eliminate this?

Guest Guest

I'm using these driver on my Vaio S460 with my GeForce 6200 Go.

I am wondering why my the 6200 Go is detected as 32 Mo card whereas in XP it's a 128 Mo card ( i know about the turbo cache ....)

Is there anything to do to correctly detect it in Vista ?

Thanks

if anyone tried it on a code 43 card, please report, if this mysterious code 43 appears again =)

With my FSC Amilo M3438G (GeForce Go 6800) the problem appears. WinVista Beta2 stops the driver 88.61 Vista 32bit with code 43 and again loads the VGA driver. The modded 82.12 XP driver does the job but there's not that fun with aero glass and all the new gimick stuff. BTW the graphic's fan seems allways to be on and so a well functioning Vista driver would be very good.

Hope you guys will find a proper solution.

Best regards

rp

Guest Guest

Hi, i have radeon 9550 but the same 'code 43' problem. Its strange but when in control panel i chose add hardware, then browse for file and i point on the apropriate .inf. After pressing OK there should be my display adapter in the box but i see nothing there and i cant press 'next'.

The same with yours?

Guest Guest

Hello

then i install my graphic card driver from nvidia and restart system all ok, but when i log on all ok, but then i open device maneger my graphic card has exclamation mark and such tex in device status windows:This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)

But with windows xp systems work fine and no problems.

My System has

p4 intel dual core 3,2gh

1gb,ddr2, kingston ram

nvidia 6800gs

asroc:775xfire-eSata2

thanks for answer

Edited by ®®®

Hi there. Same Code 43 Error on my FSC Amilo M3438G.

About the nvsvr32.exe: I can´t start neither.

I checked the file with resource hacker.

So there´s something strange. It seem´s like the nvsvr32.exe is based on version 72.30. On my XP (also installed on my System) this nvsvr32.exe version is 81.98 like the driver itself.

Exchange the Vista nvsvr32.exe with the XP one doesn´t function, as expected. Update the Values of the Vista nvsvr32.exe from 72.30 to 88.61 didn´t change anything - still can´t start it.

Here the 2 Pics of Resource Hacker:

Nvidia Vista 8861 details

Nvidia XP 8198 details

cu

HomerJay

Edited by homerjay

So, what is the best Vista beta 2 driver version on this site to use?

the driver and setup works on my Toshiba M4 with aerogloss accept the external monitor does not work

yes using the mobility center accessory

Guest Gumby
I will post some successful infs of mine for my alienware 51m (7700) both for vista, and for XP I am also going to mod a a peiters ..(sp) inf tonight so we will have a plether of files, and you can all have fun, if you want me to mode a file for you to TRY (as in beta inf) then run N.E.R.D. on your machine and post the results.. :) Ciao

i also have an aw 51m 7700, i installed vista in a virtual machine with vmware. when i install this driver with the new .inf it says that im not installing it in vista and it closes. i tried to install it manually but it didnt work and i was down to 16 colors. any ideas? i also have a geforce go 6800

Guest Guest

I tried installing these on my Toshia Qosmio G20 laptop (Canadian Version) with an GforceFX go5700 and when it restarted it would no longer boot into windows, I would get the blue screen of death with a memory dump error. I tried reformating and reinstalling Vista and once again I got the memory error and my computer would automatically restart. Next time I just booted into safe mode and rolled back the original driver.

Is there something I am doing wrong? I installed World of Warcraft and it was running just as well (60fps) as it was under XP, so I don't think my video card is working incorrectly. I just want to see the aero interface, as the upgrade advisor tool told me that my laptop supported it prior to installing.

In the Windows Systam Rating window, does your computer need to have a gaming graphics detected in order for aero to work? That is the only difference I can see between my desktop (which has Aero working) and my laptop, which says No gaming graphics detected.

I'm running out of ideas and I think I have tried everything. Is there something I am missing or something else I could try?

Nimec

Do we user driver cleaner with Vista or just install the drivers over the original?

Guest Guest
yes using the mobility center accessory

Thanks for the comment. For me the screen rotation appears disabled. :-( I tried the iRotate utility mentioned in this thread. Still no luck. Did you install the Toshiba rotation utility? Or did you use the INF file in the first port or any tweaks? Sorry for so many questions.

Driver installed without error, but there is no control panel.

Guest Guest

To the people who have tried this and got it to work...

Did you install these drivers right after a base install, or did you download the Windows Update Nvidia Driver and then install them. Both times I have tried to get these to work (and failed) I had downloaded the Nvidia Driver from Windows Update first. Could that be the reason why it doesn't work, and I need to try installing this driver as soon as the base install is completed?

Nimec

Guest Mark Clive

I have a Toshiba P100 with a Go 7600.

I had XP Pro and upgraded to Vista Beta 2 fine but when I run the setup for 88.61 it says no supported devices and when I run setup with the modified INF it says I am not running vista but I have Vista Beta 2, is there a detection issue with Beta 2?