LaptopVideo2Go Forums

My cell phone fell onto my lcd.... :'( Need help with replacement

djRom

Ohk..So I was sitting on my bed indian style with my laptop propped up against my knees, so the lcd was facing upward towards me. At the moment I was on my cell phone waiting on hold for someone to pick up the phone. When all of a sudden my cell phone slipped out from under my shoulder and struck the left side of my screen. Suddenly just to the left of the center of the screen, a giant star like crack appeared and 90% of the screen distorted. In a panic I reset the computer (hard reset) immediately and now you can make out anything because the scree is all white except for where the the star is and a faint cirlce starting from where the star is.

So I called up Sony (because its a Sony Vaio S460) and they told me 699$ plus shipping plus tax, plus a possible 102$ for accidental damage or whatever. Yeah, I'm not spending that much money on it this system.

So I hit up ebay and found a screen for like 330$. But it doesnt mention coming with any instructions for installation. So I'm not quite sure what I should do. I need this laptop for friday because I need it for djing. (Serato Scratch Live). Any ideas of how to replace the lcd on a S460? Or any other suggestions would be appareciated!

Thanks for reading! :)

• 8 months later...
Ohk..So I was sitting on my bed indian style with my laptop propped up against my knees, so the lcd was facing upward towards me. At the moment I was on my cell phone waiting on hold for someone to pick up the phone. When all of a sudden my cell phone slipped out from under my shoulder and struck the left side of my screen. Suddenly just to the left of the center of the screen, a giant star like crack appeared and 90% of the screen distorted. In a panic I reset the computer (hard reset) immediately and now you can make out anything because the scree is all white except for where the the star is and a faint cirlce starting from where the star is.

So I called up Sony (because its a Sony Vaio S460) and they told me 699$ plus shipping plus tax, plus a possible 102$ for accidental damage or whatever. Yeah, I'm not spending that much money on it this system.

So I hit up ebay and found a screen for like 330$. But it doesnt mention coming with any instructions for installation. So I'm not quite sure what I should do. I need this laptop for friday because I need it for djing. (Serato Scratch Live). Any ideas of how to replace the lcd on a S460? Or any other suggestions would be appareciated!

Thanks for reading! :)

Replacing your screen can be tough. You might want to take it to a local repair shop. In the meantime you could connect the computer to an external monitor.