LaptopVideo2Go Forums

My Secondary Display (TV) is Auto-Panning with mouse moves

enoesque73

Following instructions in these forums, I've managed to add a custom resolution (1024x576) to the modded inf file and then installed drivers 87.08.

I'm using DualView on my Go 7800 and trying to send the 1024x576 to my Widescreen TV.

However, when I move windows onto the 1024x576 screen, it pans to accomodate the window which is in a 4:3 viewport rather than showing it as widescreen.

Can someone please help me fix this?

Other 4:3 resolutions are displayed without panning - and the occupy the same viewport, just with a different res.

Cheers

enoesque73

What do you need to display on the TV??? If it's movies you are likely to have an aspect ratio between 1.85 and 2.35 which means that you have a lot of black above and below the image. Every decent widescreen TV allows to zoom in to fill the frame.

The custom resolution you are trying to send is not supposed to work thru regular TV connections. (composite or svideo) Those standard connexion expect standard resolution. Basically 720x576@50 in PAL and 720x480@60 in NTSC.

To feed a tv a custom resolution you need a plasma or lcd display that has a HDMI, DVI or SVGA connector.

ps: you don't have to create a new thread everytime you have more details about a previous issue. Just anwser to your previous post.

Thanks for your reply Fabrice.

> What do you need to display on the TV

I'm using Media Center on my 9400, mainly for use as a PVR. So I'm trying to send my MC TV signal out to my TV. Up 'til now, I've used 4:3, but, as you mentioned, you can zoom on a widescreen TV. when I do this, generally I lose the top and bottom of the picture. Including the Scores in football games, and, the Window bar in Media Center. I thought it would make sense to send a widescreen resolution to a widescreen device.

I'm using s-video - so are you saying I just cannot do this with this setup?

On another note - I notice that when I fullscreen the Media Center window on my TV screen, the TV screen starts flickering wildly - the desktop icons on the laptop also start flickering. I have to Ctrl-Esc to get the mouse pointer back onto my laptop screen. If I do anything then in Media Center the flickering restarts - I can only alleviate this by changing the Media Center to not being fullscreen.

Any ideas?

What do you need to display on the TV??? If it's movies you are likely to have an aspect ratio between 1.85 and 2.35 which means that you have a lot of black above and below the image. Every decent widescreen TV allows to zoom in to fill the frame.

The custom resolution you are trying to send is not supposed to work thru regular TV connections. (composite or svideo) Those standard connexion expect standard resolution. Basically 720x576@50 in PAL and 720x480@60 in NTSC.

To feed a tv a custom resolution you need a plasma or lcd display that has a HDMI, DVI or SVGA connector.

ps: you don't have to create a new thread everytime you have more details about a previous issue. Just anwser to your previous post.

I can't be really helpful since I never touched a MCE setup...

In order to maximize my TV experience, I used the program called TVTool. It allowed to do a full switch of the video from the monitor to the TV, saved the icons positions (I switched from 1024x768 to 720x576 IIRC), tweak the antiflikering filters and so on.

Yeah, I've used TVTool before, before I had a consumer DVD player, I'd send DVD from my Inspiron 8100 to my TV - worked fine.

I'll keep looking - seems that right now, my main problem is MC flickering whenever it's fullscreened on my TV, using DualView mode.

This is pretty much how I want to use my laptop - the laptop and screen itself for normal computing and, using DualView, send the second signal to my TV for Media Center for recording and playing TV, DVDs etc.

Thanks again.

I can't be really helpful since I never touched a MCE setup...

In order to maximize my TV experience, I used the program called TVTool. It allowed to do a full switch of the video from the monitor to the TV, saved the icons positions (I switched from 1024x768 to 720x576 IIRC), tweak the antiflikering filters and so on.