LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows Xp Installation Problems

Stivi

Hi,

I bought my FSC on a german web sales site. I got my amilo with german Windows XP. Thehe is no way I can change the language - i barely understand german. :)

I desperately need language interference pack for windows XP, but I can't get it. :P

On official microsoft page I click DOWNLOAD button and a page opens saying: Thank you for downloading Windows Xp Language Interference Pack.....but nothing happens....the download doesn't start....even when I click: ...if download doesn't start in 30 seconds click here...and NOTHING! :)

Does anybody know where I can really get windows xp LIP??? I would really like my windows in English or Slovene (Slovenian LIP), but I cannot find it on the web.

Please help me!! :P :( :(

Thank you

Edited by Stivi

I'm not sure for 100%, but I think you can download an English copy of Windows XP (Home or Pro, it must be the same as you now have). And then install that windows with your legal key from your german Windows XP. I think it your downloaded Windows XP (warezz) is legal then, because you use your original licence key.

I'm not sure of this for 100%, and I'm not sure it will actually work, but you could give it a try! (If you're able to install it with your key, the Genuie validation should work too).

Jeroen.

I thought of that too :P

I'm downloading it right now but the download paused at 98,8% :)

Not a lot of sites have windows XP home edition.

I hate to install a pirated version of windows, because I already own a legal copy of windows (CD and product key).

I hope it will work. :)

Thank you for support.

Any more anwsers would be usefull as well. :(

I downloaded win xp home edition (OEM) and when I push enter to start installing (in blue screen menu),

I get a messege that there are no harddrives installed on my comp.

please help! :) :) :P

It should be goot to test the installation first before installing it on your laptop!

Use an old PC, if you have one, or try using VMWare to create a virtual pc where you can test the installation with. It is still possible your key won't work with that downloaded version.

As for the hard drives, I don't know what this could be, maybe somebody else knows...

let us know if the test on a (virtual) pc worked! Then we will look into that :)

:(

nothing :)

i didn't try the virtual pc thing. i got windows xp home SP2. an OEM edition that came with a HP pavilion but the result was the same as with the downloaded OEM.

i think it's the OEM version thats blocking the wins to be installed. there must be a check up of system to see which comp it is.

cause 2 months ago i installed win xp pro without any problem (wasn't OEM).

now i need to find a non-OEM version of win xp home.

until that time: guten nacht! :P

any help still needed :)

I think it will be hard to find a non-OEM installation of WinXP!

I have different Home Editions (OEM) here, and they all work on different PC's! I never heard something from a system check!

Maybe this could be something with your Sata disk ? Don't know for sure :s

maybe the guys on this forum can help you: www.msfn.org/board

Edited by Jeroen

Thanks for the link.

I don't know, because winx xp pro worked without any problem and were not OEM.

I'll try a non-OEM win xp home in the evening or tomorrow after the exam (stupid colledge-it's almost summer and we have 3 exams coming-at least :) ).

I'm now messing around with Virtual PC.

But the thing is that the same windows xp HE (english) that stopped (installation) and reported the error (no HDD detected-when hitting the first enter in the first "choose box") now, in virtual PC don't do that.

I've tried that version (win xp HE english) 5 times on my system and it always reports that error. I don't know why virtual pc doens't do it? The installation is going smoothly at the moment on a virtual HDD.

Is it possible that there are any settings being done in BIOS?? What could be the problem?

:) :) :P :(

Hi,

I'm also in my exams right now (11 to go...)

The strange thing is, that the PRO does install, but the Home Edition doesn't :S

I never heard this before! Adding the English (or your) language to your German version looks like a good solution, but I haven't got any experience with this!

It could be something in the BIOS, but I doubt that, because the XP Pro installs!

At the moment, I really don't know what to do :S

I don't know what seems to be the problem :)

Maybe that the versions of windows-cd that I tried don't have the RAID driver installed and doesn't recognise my two HDD???

Ok, see ya, gonna try another version of HE now. Keep fingers crossed :( :( :P

I'll be back to report about the progress (if I'm back in 10 min, that means that i didn't work :)

EDIT: 20 minut later........no result.....the setup freezes after the preloading of drivers and before making any choices. :P

Edited by Stivi

I've been looking around a bit, and it seems many people are having problem with SATA/RAID drivers! (especially with Fujitsu Siemens notebooks).

Maybe this can help you, it's a guide to integrate SATA/RAID drivers into your XP Disk (You'll need them to install XP) If you don't integrate them you should have them on a floppy, but I doubt you have a floppy in your notebook! :)

Click

The first thing you need to do is to copy the FULL Disk to your harddrive, and than do what is described in that guide!

After you have integrated the drivers, you'll have to burn a new XP Disk. You'll have to use a tool like CDIMAGE GUI or something, click here to find more information about that!

hope it works!

let us know!

Jeroen.

What about Nlite??

Thank you for your help!

I'll try it this afternoon and report in the evening.

Now I got to study :) :) for the exam (starts at 15:00 :( )

:(

See ya! :P

I never integrated drivers with nLite :)

maybe that works too! I don't need SATA drivers because I just don't have SATA:( :P

I think folowing that guide is the best you can do/try at the moment!

success with the exam! :)

Back from faculty :)

I'm having trouble with making a copy of windows to my pc using CDIMAGE GUI.

Would it matter if i created a copy with Nlite and then do the rest as it describes on that site??

What about pressing F6 in the begining of the setup?? I don't have a floppy, but can I use USB mass storage 128 MB?? And which drivers do I need?? I can't find them at all.

Thank you for your help!

You can use nLite too I think!

Don't know for sure if your PC will boot from USB, this depends on your BIOS, normally newer BIOSes can do that! You will have to try!

I think the drivers will be on your Support CD that came with your laptop, or that you can find them on the Fujistu Siemens support site! I haven't got any experience with it so I don't know for sure! I even didn't know you need SATA drivers to install XP on SATA :)

You won't need a floppy, because you'll integrate those drivers into your XP CD! The guide I gave you should work normally! I would try... if I had SATA :)

Well I don't mind actually inserting USB and pressing F6 in the startup:)

I looking for drivers in my OEM windows (german), cause it's gotta have it.

But I don't know if the drivers is only the .sys file or are there suppose to be more files?

I see in the example (previous link) that there are more then one file, but I cannot find all of them in the same folder.

Well I'll try again tomorrow.

I'll report arse soon as I figure it out.

I also tried Xp pro, but my serial didn't work. :) Don't matter, just hope that it does work with other Home xp. :)

The reason that your serial didn't work with XP Pro is because you have a Home Edition key :)

success! :)

that I know :)

I just finished impoting RAID drivers into a xp cd but no success :P 4 hours of todays work gonne for nothing :(

I'm desperate now. Thinking of installing non-geniune xp pro :(

My only hope now is that i can install drivers by pressing F6 but I don't know how prepare my USB to do this right.

Do you think any Amilo M3438G owner from this site would somehow send me his copy of win xp HE (english)???

That would be awsome. It could be done by using Emule or a Torrent client (using a password so others would download it) :P :) :P

But I don't believe anybody would be so kind :)

Do you think it would work???

I think it will be hard to find somebody who wants to do that :)

you can still try the MSFN forums for a solution, there are more people who propably know much more of this than I (especially people who had the same problems!)

If they can't help you, I really don't know where you can get some help :)

You can still call/mail the Fujitsu Siemens support desk, and ask what to do (say that your original XP won't install because it says no hard drives were found), and see what they say!

Jeroen.

I called the local computer dealer and he said that it's his first time to hear that other HE wouldn't install on a comp. But when I mentioned HE with SP2 he said that some windows with SP2 have problems installing on certain comps so now I'm looking for windows xp home editon without SPs. Any tips on where to find it??

You can try searching P2P software or something! I would advice to search for Windows Home Edition with SP1 first, because it will be quite hard to find an SP-less windows XP :)

check your PM :)

Hey! Found somethis that might help me!

I found a ISO of Windows Xp Pro MOLP (Microsoft Open License Program).

It's suppose to update without WGA.

What do you think?

I never heard of something like that, but you might give it a try!

It's quite stupid from MS they don't support SATA/RAID drivers in their windows'es ...

Actually, if my (legal) Windows shouldn't work or is in another language, I should install an illegal one too. Now I'm on a legal home edition of Windows, because it works great for me (no such problems like that :) )

but if I had, I would use something like that too, so I should give it a try, and cross my fingers that it works! :)

success!

Nothing!!!

This is the first xp pro that wouldn't install on my comp. Strange?!! :)

I don't know what to do next. Tomorrow a friend is bringing his win xp home OEM (fujitsu siemens). Gonna try it and hope it works. It's my last chance. If not, going back to win xp pro SP2.....illegal copy :)

i'll report on the weekend.