• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Asoulintime1982

• ®®®

• sn0wl

Guest Terry

Hi Folks,

I loaded these drivers onto my dell 9300 and everytime I boot the laptop a balloon appears at the bottom telling me that sli has been disabled because one of my cards ha been removed :-). Is there any way to disable this?

Does anyone know what that little program in the dos box that flashes up during boot is, it is related to something nvidia but not sure what it does.

The new control panel does not work for me with these drivers, am I alone in this or is everyone having trouble? The panel appears but there are no icons in to select.

Thanks

Terry

Hi Folks,

I loaded these drivers onto my dell 9300 and everytime I boot the laptop a balloon appears at the bottom telling me that sli has been disabled because one of my cards ha been removed :-). Is there any way to disable this?

Does anyone know what that little program in the dos box that flashes up during boot is, it is related to something nvidia but not sure what it does.

The new control panel does not work for me with these drivers, am I alone in this or is everyone having trouble? The panel appears but there are no icons in to select.

The 90 series has been nothing but trouble for me. I downgraded to 87.25 (which is the last stable driver for me).

For some odd reason, the setup installer for the drivers hosted here don't work. It's almost as if the driver here is corrupted too, LOL. I've downloaded it 4 times too, with no luck...

Guest Guest
I have the same problem like Tony.

i can not open the setup file, too!

But the driver is installed and my graphiccard is detected as 6800 go.

i think the reason is, that the 91.31 was released for x64 only!

No, its was released for 32Bit as well. I got the full package here:

http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/treib...forceware_beta/

Works fine with the modded inf offered here.

I can confirm the Laptopvideo2Go release is broken.

NVIDIA release is broken.

I cannot get a version that doesn't have the setup files corrupt (and also NWIZ and another file)

So I have gotten the setup files from 91.29 and replaced the 91.31 ones and now have a fully working 91.31 driver.

Can someone confirm that the 91.31 driver from the NV FTP server is corrupt.

Or is just my setup (unlikely)

NVIDIA release is broken.

I cannot get a version that doesn't have the setup files corrupt (and also NWIZ and another file)

So I have gotten the setup files from 91.29 and replaced the 91.31 ones and now have a fully working 91.31 driver.

Can someone confirm that the 91.31 driver from the NV FTP server is corrupt.

Or is just my setup (unlikely)

The ones from the link I posted worked fine, including setup.

So maybe some sites got it "proper" over other channels.

Guest Guest

can you upload this package please?

does the aero skin work properly?

i have a 6800 go and I tried every driver here, but neither i have seen these nvidia settings nor can I use the aero skin:

http://www.computerbase.de/news/treiber/gr...e_vista_beta_2/

what about you?

can you upload this package please?

does the aero skin work properly?

i have a 6800 go and I tried every driver here, but neither i have seen these nvidia settings nor can I use the aero skin:

http://www.computerbase.de/news/treiber/gr...e_vista_beta_2/

what about you?

I have already uploaded the fixed setup version.

You won't get Aero with these XP drivers, you need the Vista LDDM drivers, see 85 series section for these.

Guest Guest

Well, I am using these drivers (actually the XG version but hey). I find that while they perform slightly lower in 3dMark than the 91.28 drivers, they generally run about the same on all games and apprently some "issues" are sorted. I found that these drivers perform incredibly well in Oblivion. I have a review of my notebook here: http://www.rockforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5867&start=0

It contains comparisons between a few drivers (84.37, 91.28 and 91.31). It's worth a look.

I'm pretty pleased with my Oblivion outdoors benchmarks (all settings are on max (all sliders on full), HDR on, self shadows and grass shadows off, resoltion on 1920x1200. I also have the LOD patches applied.

Min: 23 Max: 45 Average: 31.924 - that's pretty consistant and smooth for Oblivion at daytime with all settings on full whack.

Hi everyone!

My tray icon keeps on warning me, that sli is deactivated. it does that on every start of my system. an i am bored to klick it away. i have no sli, i installed the driver on my laptop. does anyone know how i can shut up the tray icon?

best wishes

doc :)

I think they want to say if you dont have SLI dont use this driver

Guest Guest

Apprently doing start>run>regedit then going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\MediaCenterTray and deleting nvcpl.dll works (disable the taskbar icon option first)

Any chance this fixes a little issue with the FX Go 5200? Sometimes, when i change resolution, the screen goes balck and system freezes. Is not happening with version 84.25, but from 87 and up. Any suggestions?

Guest Gamer
To the guys with the taskbar problem, I don't know why that is a problem, the taskbar should be a usefull way to access things and change options, why you want to hide it is beyond me, I think it would be a problem if it wasn't shown on the taskbar.

To Asoulintime1982, I think you can probably remove all graphics drivers except the nvidia ones and maybe follow some methods outlined there, I only saw that site while searching but that should do it.

I do not know how to moddify drivers to make windows think they are certified, haven't heard of anyone doing that yet.

You can tell XP and even Vista to let you install non-certified drivers though, and that is what needs to be done.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...age=1&pp=15

That topic says its not possible (section/chapter 6) but maybe if you remove the graphics drivers in XP it will have to use non WHQL drivers.

This might work but maybe not in an unatended install.

Here's the reason it's an issue. I don't use this functionality often. And it uses (according to Process Explorer) 30 MB of memory. As as gamer I want that 30MB.

Guest Guest

The WHQL versions of 91.31 have been released but noticed they added mce to winxp2k. I had a bad time with original 91.31 Drivers so I will try these later or after someone else finds out it these have problems also.

How is the performance with these drivers? I'll be modding them soon for the Quadro4 700 GoGL :)

Guest Guest

How would i get the non beta versions of these drivers to work with my Geforce Go 7900GTX? Because it isn't listed on the compatibility list (no notebook cards are).. Do I have to wait for XG or LV2GO to release modded versions or is there a way I can do it myself? I haven't tried the WHQL ones as they are atall just in case it isn't compatible (which the ccompatibility list suggests they are not compatible).

Guest Visiter with Go 7800

Ich have an Dell Inspiron 9400 with an Geforce Go 7800 Graphiccard. My Problem ist that i found this GPU not on the support lists... plz help me out mfg Visiter with Go 7800