LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v91.31 XP 32bit | NV

mobilenvidia

You should not be using drivers past 77.77. Check the optimal driver FAQ.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Asoulintime1982

• Bill

• Kowalski

This driver was now also released for Desktops at Packard Bell Support site.

I have noticed that a few people have been having problems with this driver. I downloaded it from the nVidia site and attached the INF from here and all is working fine, no SLI pop, etc.

Once you have a recent GPU (6x00 and up) this driver must work with little to no glitches. The glitches can be negligible to real PITA... for me losing PowerMizer and custom resolutions is in no way acceptable. (among other things)

• 2 weeks later...

Guys Please help me out

i have a Toshiba qosmio F25-AV205 with nvidia 6600 GO with 64 mb ram

Currently my driveris 7.6.7.4 , the latest on toshiba site

So u recommend i upgrade to 91.31 or 84.25 ?

Please help, BIG DILEMMA

Updated with Stereo driver, merged new files from ASUS release and added Changelog.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope this hasn't been addressed yet, but is there a way to NOT have to use the new CP? In the drivers on the NV site there is an option to use the old CP, but when I install the drivers from this site on my Z71V there is no option, and it tends to switch over to the new CP on its own.

-mcg

I hope this hasn't been addressed yet, but is there a way to NOT have to use the new CP? In the drivers on the NV site there is an option to use the old CP, but when I install the drivers from this site on my Z71V there is no option, and it tends to switch over to the new CP on its own.

-mcg

Modded INF version allows you to choose either control panel.

Hey all, I am getting a fairly consistent crash running 3DMark05 during the second test, the nature scene with the glowing ball. What's the deal? I am overclocked to 510MHz core and 600MHz Mem...and I haven't seen any problems with the overclocking. Additionally, when the crash occurs, my GPU temp is ~60 probably not even over 70 C.

What I did to try and resolve this issue is restart into safe mode, uninstall the display driver. Restart again into safe mode, execute driver cleaner. Restart into regular windows, install the 91.31 driver. I was able to get off a full benchmarkl : 6031, which pleased me so much I tried to do it again...and it crashed on the second test again. Help :)

Hey all, I am getting a fairly consistent crash running 3DMark05 during the second test, the nature scene with the glowing ball. What's the deal? I am overclocked to 510MHz core and 600MHz Mem...and I haven't seen any problems with the overclocking. Additionally, when the crash occurs, my GPU temp is ~60 probably not even over 70 C.

What I did to try and resolve this issue is restart into safe mode, uninstall the display driver. Restart again into safe mode, execute driver cleaner. Restart into regular windows, install the 91.31 driver. I was able to get off a full benchmarkl : 6031, which pleased me so much I tried to do it again...and it crashed on the second test again. Help :)

Back off your clocks and try again - I have a similar situation with overclocking too far, but for me it's always 3DMark03 test 1 that freezes first and always in the same point.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I own Toshiba Satellite M30. Recently I installed new nVidia driver 9.1.3.1 and after that I began to experience problem with awaking my notebook from Stand by mode and a trouble with switching on the monitor. If computer sleeps or its monitor is off and I try to make it work again it hangs with dark screen (though I can see slight backlight) and doesn't react to anything except hard reset. What should I do? Roll back to old nVidia driver?

Have you used Pieter's modded INF? If so try changing value MaopOSD3toNV from 3 to 2 or 2 to 3.

Yes, I used Pieter's modded INF for my driver version.

I had run through registry and changed all these values from 3 to 2, restarted my laptop but to no effect.

The answer I received at http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com was:

if you use drivers directly from nVidia it can cause problems, because they are not designed for notebooks. The downloadable driver from Toshiba for this model is version 46.44. If you want a newer driver, you can look at newer notebooks with nVidia card. Or you can search the internet, maybe you find a modified driver for notebooks somewhere.

Maybe this software conflict is not the case for newest Toshiba drivers (not video card's one but other Toshiba system utilities which laptop filled up with) or firmware?

Alternatively, should I try to install this driver with modified inf as toshiba forum user recommended (the newest I found is http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...gmn.0&ct=DL )

It's for laptop P100 but from Toshiba.

I installed an old version of driver, namely 66.93. Everything ran smoothly ? laptop wakes up from Stand by as it supposed to. I guess maybe this focus would work with newer driver versions as well but not with all of them. Maybe the problem arise only with nVidia drivers which names finish with *WHQL.exe.

Edited by Kowalski

Or you can search the internet, maybe you find a modified driver for notebooks somewhere.
:)

These TS Forum guys seems to live in stone age :(

NVISION Forum exists since about 4 years now, Laptopvideo2go.com since more than 2 years, Europe TS Forum about 2 years old :P

I like this part best:

If you want a newer driver, you can look at newer notebooks with nVidia card.
What an economic genious :) If that would be general behaviour, imagine the electronic waste arising from that plus deeeeeep holes in our pocket/wallet.

Best bet for FX Go 5200 is 67.66 or try v84.25.