LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Inspiron 8200 BIOS issue

Jkn1984

I have a I8200 and I saw the new BIOS update on the Dell Website for the Geforce 4 440 go 64mb. I dl it put the BIOS on a floppy loaded it into my laptop, and now my screen is a mess! I tried putting it back to previous version that are on the website and no luck. I did not make a copy of my original BIOS (which was stupid in my regard). I have a display and the laptop can still be used but there are little colored dots all over the screen. If I refresh the screen they go away for a little but as I move the mouse they appear and it gets so bad I cannot make out what is on the screen. Can someone please help!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

First figure out what your old VideoBIOS version was. Then try contacting someone with the same version to send you the original BIOS of your laptop.

• 2 weeks later...

If this is the same guy I talked to earlier Rene, he eventually got Dell to replace the card I believe for free, and all works fine for him now. :)

We think it was a graphics card RAM issue, kinda similar to what happened to my card...

Oh i see. Ok then. Hope it worked out for him.