LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba 2410-S504 / nVidia Geforce 420 Go!

th0r0n

Hi,

As the topic states, I have a Toshiba 2410-504 Laptop (I believe it's some sort of special edition) and I'm having trouble installing new drivers for my nVidia Geforce 420 Go! (32MB).

I am using the drivers off of the toshiba website (From 2002!) and I can only run in 800x600 with a 1" black bar on the right hand of my screen.

I tried drivers off of this site (I can't remember which ones, but I think they began with the number 7?) and everything seemed ok, until I realised that I get choppy video and poor games performance, so obviously something's not right with the install.

Installing the 2002 drivers corrected this problem, so I belive I'm right in assuming the 7xxx driver I installed off of this site wasn't doing my card much good.

Could anyone please help me? I have tried searching the forum and playing with the many different versions, but most of them give me a blue screen and I keep having to revert to 'Last Known Good Configuration' on boot.

Thanks guys,

Toby.

Try 71.89, or did you already try? Newer drivers are known to cause some troubles on some GF4 series.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried the 56.64 or 56.72 drivers... those stayed a lot of time on my Geforce 4 based desktop because of stability, TV out handling and stereoscopic glasses.

Since your card is equivalent to a desktop Geforce 2... those driver will allow you to use all the features under the hood... without crippling performance like recent drivers do.

Hi,

As the topic states, I have a Toshiba 2410-504 Laptop (I believe it's some sort of special edition) and I'm having trouble installing new drivers for my nVidia Geforce 420 Go! (32MB).

I am using the drivers off of the toshiba website (From 2002!) and I can only run in 800x600 with a 1" black bar on the right hand of my screen.

I tried drivers off of this site (I can't remember which ones, but I think they began with the number 7?) and everything seemed ok, until I realised that I get choppy video and poor games performance, so obviously something's not right with the install.

Installing the 2002 drivers corrected this problem, so I belive I'm right in assuming the 7xxx driver I installed off of this site wasn't doing my card much good.

Could anyone please help me? I have tried searching the forum and playing with the many different versions, but most of them give me a blue screen and I keep having to revert to 'Last Known Good Configuration' on boot.

Thanks guys,

Toby.

Hi Toby,

Download 77.77 with the enhance .inf which gets rid of the black bar problem. Then, uninstall your present drivers from the "upgrade or roll back driver" screen in XP & re-boot. When you re-boot the system will "discover" your video card, and using the "have disk" method, install 77.77.

If this doesn't work well, do the uninstall/install method above, but instead install the Toshiba drivers.

I had the same problem with my Tosh M15 with GF4, and this method worked perfectly!

Cheers

Sandman

... and I can only run in 800x600 with a 1" black bar on the right hand of my screen ...

... I have tried searching the forum and playing with the many different versions...

Try searching the Forum for 'Black Bar' ( :) ) or read the stickied thread here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/3-support-discussion-english/

What has to be done is to 'enhance' the INF ( http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer ). Like sandman described. Then you are all set.