LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What drivers for Acer Aspire 1520WLMi GeForceFX Go 5700 64MB

Hinczyk

Hi!

I cannot find a driver for my laptop's (Acer Aspire 1520WLMi) graphic card (GeForceFX Go 5700 64MB).

I have Windows XP Home 32bit SP2.

On the ACER website there are drivers from year 2004. I'm looking for something newer.

I have some problems with performance in games and Battlefiels 2 always asking me for new drivers :)

Where can I find the drivers and INF file?

Please for HELP.

Hi!

I cannot find a driver for my laptop's (Acer Aspire 1520WLMi) graphic card (GeForceFX Go 5700 64MB).

Almost every driver equipped with mobile inf. This is what I tested when having my Acer 1714/go5700:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7698

62.12 the only drivers that I can install on my laptop (Acer Aspire 1520WLMi) graphic card (GeForceFX Go 5700 64MB) so far.

62.12 the only drivers that I can install on my laptop (Acer Aspire 1520WLMi) graphic card (GeForceFX Go 5700 64MB) so far.

I suppose it's the original driver - at least seems be on Acer Support.

It's quite old and different from current drivers and may leave some crap onto the system

that prevents the newer drivers to work. Uninstall the driver and use Driver Cleaner to get rid

of old driver remnants. Then the new drivers should install.

I uninstalled original drivers, used Driver Cleaner but as always newer drivers doesn't recognize my graphic card.

I uninstalled original drivers, used Driver Cleaner but as always newer drivers doesn't recognize my graphic card.

I think you should use the Nerd tool from here, perhaps your GFX chip ID is an odd one and not supported on Pieter's mobile infs and needs to be added.

Where can I find this NERD Tool and what is this?

Your device ID should work as advertised:

NVIDIA_NV36.DEV_0347.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5700 "

...as always newer drivers doesn't recognize my graphic card.

Have you surely replaced the original INF with a mobile (=modded) INF before you try to install?

Have you surely replaced the original INF with a mobile (=modded) INF before you try to install?

I didn't want to be the one asking that question... :)

Evertyhing is working now. Thanks very much.

But I still have a problem with performance, every 30 sec for a 8 sec animation is slowing down up to 5-10 fps then everything is normalising and after next 30 sec the same thing. What is wrong? I found somewhere that Omega Drivers can help but I can't install them on mobile computer, there is no mobile INF. Is it possible to install these drivers?

I didn't want to be the one asking that question... :)

Shall we share the job :) (seems to be overly difficult to read the FAQs first...)

Evertyhing is working now. Thanks very much.

But I still have a problem with performance, every 30 sec for a 8 sec animation is slowing down up to 5-10 fps then everything is normalising and after next 30 sec the same thing. What is wrong? I found somewhere that Omega Drivers can help but I can't install them on mobile computer, there is no mobile INF. Is it possible to install these drivers?

You may have something running on the background that sucks CPU cycles - or your old GFX chip is not up to the task; my ex go5700, even being a 128 MB model, had same kind of fluctuating problems - as a matter of fact even desktop 5700 - 5900s had similar properties of uneven fps.

Edited by zipper