LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia GeForce go 7400

sloejack

I recently acquired an HP dv8000t desktop replacement which I would very much like to put to use replacing my desktop. :) The specs as I know them should all be available there on the left.

Up until yesterday all of the software I've installed on it had no issues. Software installed includes Office 2003, Adobe Acrobat, Firefox, Battlefield 2, and Everquest 2.

When I run EQ2 I encounter the following problem when I go to play the game (post EQ2 patching). I get a Blue Screen with the following error DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. The system quickly dumps and reboots. So beyond being able to see that message (after numerous attempts) I don't get to read much else that is displayed. The MS error reporting tool fires off after reboot and has returned that it is related to the video card in some way and recommends upgrading to the latest driver, or turning off all hardware acceleration.

I did upgrade to the HP provided driver, 84.54, and this did not resolve the problem.

After finding this site, I also upgraded to the 87.25 driver version and had no change in the problem. I used the expanded standard inf file to do the install, I have not attempted the enhanced inf files since I'm not sure what they do or if it should be attempted.

Since EQ2/SOE doesn't support laptops what I'm looking for here is some pointers on things I can disable or enable that may help me troubleshoot the blue screen error and get the game running. Or in the event someone else has already resolved this issue, a guide on how I also can work through it.

Thanks in advance,

-sloejack

###### buddy... the 2 games that you use are far from being stability references. :)

If you doubt your hardware / driver... give 3DMark 2005/2006 a try. Do a couple of runs... if your PC doesn't crash you can start pointing your finger at the EVIL SONY on this number of the beast day. 06 06 06

ps: IMHO the only use of the 3DMark is to test the stability of a system... <eric cartman>their benchmarking tool sucked donkey dicks big time since 2003.</eric cartman>

###### buddy... the 2 games that you use are far from being stability references. :)

If you doubt your hardware / driver... give 3DMark 2005/2006 a try. Do a couple of runs... if your PC doesn't crash you can start pointing your finger at the EVIL SONY on this number of the beast day. 06 06 06

ps: IMHO the only use of the 3DMark is to test the stability of a system... <eric cartman>their benchmarking tool sucked donkey dicks big time since 2003.</eric cartman>

I'll give that a try, that's something I hadn't done yet. For the record, BF2 runs just fine which already has me giving the evil eye to sony but if there's a work around to be had I'd like to figure it out. Thanks for the pointer.

Having Battlefield 2 rock solid is quite a milestone... *starts pointing the finger at crappy company called Sony* :)

ps: the only thing Sony worth an investment is a Bravia LCD TV... but I would still buy a Toshiba or whatever.

Having Battlefield 2 rock solid is quite a milestone... *starts pointing the finger at crappy company called Sony* :)

ps: the only thing Sony worth an investment is a Bravia LCD TV... but I would still buy a Toshiba or whatever.

3DMark 06 Ran through all the tests the free version would do without a problem so this leans towards an SOE/EQ2 issue rather than a driver or device problem. Too bad it's not clear exactly what EQ2 is tripping up on. It runs fine on my other laptop (prev generation of current, zd7015 Pavilion with GeForce go 5600) but whatever.

Here's some irony for you, I just happened to look at the HP website, and now this version of the laptop comes with the GeForce go 7600. hmm. I think it's time for a phone call.

Edited by sloejack

Here's some irony for you, I just happened to look at the HP website, and now this version of the laptop comes with the GeForce go 7600. hmm. I think it's time for a phone call.

:) You could downclock your GPU just a tad like 5 or 10 percent... the overheating can be really small... being the result of cluttering in front of the vents, dust on the radiators.

Try to understand how your laptop sucks the fresh air... usually underneath the lappy. Then use something to use raise the back of the laptop.

• 2 months later...
Guest oldsoulco

I am also having the same problem with the same laptop. if you find an answer for EQ 2 please let me know. i have the 7600 card. same error.

oldsoulco@hotmail.com

this worked for me.

turning down your sound performance.

start - settings - control panel - sounds and audio - advanced (speaker settings) - prformance - hardware acceleration. i turned it down all the way. and poof im up and running.

• 1 month later...
this worked for me.

turning down your sound performance.

start - settings - control panel - sounds and audio - advanced (speaker settings) - prformance - hardware acceleration. i turned it down all the way. and poof im up and running.

This works perfectly!

• 2 weeks later...

In the Drivers section...Look around and you'll find it.