LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Unable to install on my Samsung X30

Hydra

This afternoon i've tried several of the modded drivers and inf's available on your site, and each time i try to install one, the progress bar gets near 50% and then crashes into the Blue Screen of Death.

I've got an Samsung X30 with an Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 64MB (Windows XP Home Edition) and the only drivers that seem to work on my laptop are the ones supplied by the manufacturer...and they're getting pretty old.

If anyone has a tip or a solution on how to, at least, install the drivers, then please give an awnser here so i can improve my graphic card performance.

Thank you...peace, out.

What drivers are you currently using?

If we got a hold of the INF there might be a specific tweak that is needed for your card.

Have you tried the have disk install method.?

The drivers that i'm using are the ones available on the official Samsung site:

NX30 Nvidia GeForce Fx Go5200 32M/64M (ver.4.6.3.0):

http://www.samsung.com/pt/support/products...pe=DR&language=

The only thing that i can found similar to the needed *.inf file is an nv4_disp.dll with 3.73MB on my gfx card driver installation folder...or i would send it to you guys ASAP.

Still haven't tried the "have disk" installation...i'm gonna try it but with my luck i wont get anything out of it for sure lol.

Anyway thank you for your reply...i apreciate that of course and i'm gonna try to solve this issue.

Peace...out.

The only thing that i can found similar to the needed *.inf file is an nv4_disp.dll with 3.73MB on my gfx card driver installation folder...or i would send it to you guys ASAP.

Seems to be NVSM.INF, just for go5200 32/64

NVSM.INF

Zipper, i do find that file on my gfx card driver installation folder...but what am i supposed to do with it?

Do i have to alter it in some way and use it along with some of the modded drivers found in laptopvideo2go.com?

Or is that attached file on your post some altered version of the one i've got installed here?

Thank you for the patience you guys...anwser when you can, no prob.

Peace...out.

Zipper, i do find that file on my gfx card driver installation folder...but what am i supposed to do with it?

Do i have to alter it in some way and use it along with some of the modded drivers found in laptopvideo2go.com?

Or is that attached file on your post some altered version of the one i've got installed here?

No, it's just there to allow the guys who write the modified INFs to have a look if something special

is needed to get your card to work. I just made their job little easier.

Thank you very much zipper...sorry for the trouble but i hnestly dont know what to do with this really jurassic drivers that i've got on my laptop. Its kinda sad manufacturers dont update them regularly.

Anyway, thank you for the help and lets hope for a solution to solve this.

Peace...out.

I would say look for a newer driver that has the NVSM.inf file in it.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7940

This one mgiht work, delete all INFs except for the NVSM one and use the have disk method.

You will find the NVSM INF in that driver in a zip file, unzip that, pull the NVSM INF out and delete the rest.

Modern games should run on that, and if you need new features I can point you to tweaks or tweak the INF for you.

I really want to know if that one works, please use the have disk method.

Just tried it with the "have disk" method and following every step you've mentioned and still got the blue screen of death.

I've extracted the NVSM.INF file from the zip, removed every other *.inf file present and got the blue screen.

Looks like i'm gonna have to install my former drivers again and suck it up.

Hopefully in a near future i'll get a solution for this.

Thank you very much for all your help, still learned some new stuff related to drivers and thats worth something. Congrats on your work and thank you for trying to help.

Peace...out.