LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MPC and choppy playback

NERV

Hello everyone. I have a 5150 with the 5200go chip. I am currently using the latest dell driver set (67.42) and it runs everything fine. However, when I upgrade beyond the 6x.xx set the video playback will lag using MPC(6.4.9.0) as my media player. The strange thing is that the video will lag when I bring up the submenu using the right click. What specific problem is the newer drivers having that affects my video playback in this instance? TIA

You should have told us which driver you tried.

Could you try to disable the VMR in the overlay tab of the Geforce properties?

You should have told us which driver you tried.

Could you try to disable the VMR in the overlay tab of the Geforce properties?

Any 7x.xx driver series.

VMR is disabled during video playback.

I'd like to note that in MPC there is output options. When I select VMR7/9 the video playback will be choppy.

Also I have SBA and Fastwrites enabled in driver settings.

What about 91.31?

Guest Guest
What about 91.31?

Can I use the 91.29 instead? I used the 91.31 on my desktop (P4 3.0Ghz Prescott, BFG 6800GS) and it regularly BSOD plus it has an annoying nag bubble on boot up about SLI being disabled.

You can try any of the 91 series on your laptop if you want, one of them might run really well for you.

You can try any of the 91 series on your laptop if you want, one of them might run really well for you.

All the 91.xx drivers gave me a black screen upon installation.

In the mod INF there is this section, does removing the semicolon from the second line and saving the INF and re-installing fix the black screen?

;if upon reboot after install you have a black screen remove the ';' from line below and reinstall driver.
;HKR,, ModesetBlankDelay,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]  %REG_DWORD%,	1

There are other fixes like this in the INF as well, if I ever mention something in the INF just hit control F and start searching for it.