LaptopVideo2Go Forums

what do you guys suggest?

who13

hey all...hope this is in the correct section...

well another thing went wrong with my notebook...one of the cd drives died...luckily i have two in this unit..

this is what it was ...

"Alienware mobile systems feature innovative smart bay technology. This technology allows supported devices to be easily removed and interchanged for maximum system flexibility. In addition, smart bay technology enables upgrades to new devices as component technology evolves.

24x10x24 CD-RW / 8X DVD Combo w/Software MPEG2 Decoder "

i still have my slot load dvd burner one working..

http://www.meritline.com/panasonic-845-slim-dvd-burner-panasonic-3x-4-7gb-dvd-ram.html

anyhow anybody have any suggestions on a replacement?? one that will fit/compatibale inside my bay??i would like to just get a basic drive (no dvd burning) that burns well/play dvds,etc and wont crap out like this one did...(unless its a few more bucks for the dvd writing option)

my other is my dvd burner which id like to keep using just to burn dvds..nothing else..i usually used my other drive for music,etc....

any ideas?? i dont know which other drives are compatible..

thanx all....

Edited by who13