LaptopVideo2Go Forums

sony vgn-fs790 with 6400 go questions

classusa

yes ive had this sony vgn-fs790 bought new 6 months ago,well the other day i was foolin arount with rivatuner and i checked a box stating unlock professional capabilities.within seconds the laptop rebooted and upon reboot i saw it showing up now as a geforce go 6500?before it was a 6400 go in which i had also never heard of before. never heard of an 6500 card at all but now no matter what i do it reads 6500 plus i get alot more memory badwidth also easily clocking it to 750 memory and 450 clock...so im really wondering if anyone has ever heard of this phenomena plus i know for a fact this is a mxm 1 chip inside..please feedback would be nice and thanx. p.s. do i have a chance at frying it?my temps are very low at bout 63 load wich isnt too much for a laptop and o crases at all plus im usung 9139 drivers but the wierd thing is that its staying at an 6500 go even after uninstalling video drivers... chronic....

Pls. post the NERD logfile and we can tell what's goin on. Also try using RETURN and SPACE.

Also try using RETURN and SPACE.

There are a lot of people with issues with their keyboards... SHIFT and RETURN most of the time.