LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best driver for Compal IFL90 / GF 8600M GT 512Mb

Hristo Mitev

Hello!

I've been trying to find the most compatible driver (for me this means more cool running driver than performance), but it seems i cannot find the info i'm looking for.

So my question is what driver you will recommend for Compal IFL90 / GF 8600M GT 512Mb? I prefer a driver that runs cooler, over a driver that runs with higher performance, since as we know the video is hot enough without even a hotter driver .. :)

I'm currently running 182.06, the temp on idle is 62-70 degrees. When on full load it goes much higher, 80-90 atleast.

If you have any other tips for running the card cooler while preserving performance too please share :)

Regards, Hristo Mitev

READ THE THE FAQ.THERE ?S NO BEST DR?VER.ALL DR?VERS HAVE D?FFERENT FEATURES

READ THE THE FAQ.THERE ?S NO BEST DR?VER.ALL DR?VERS HAVE D?FFERENT FEATURES

As i already stated i'm looking for the best driver with priority to lower temps. So i believe everything is in order. Thanks

I have used the 182.06 drivers one more than one computer and although I do not use your card in either I can say that it runs at average temperatures. Usually the differences in temperature between drivers are not that significant granted some may run a few degrees hotter than others on average. Those temps are not bad considering you have an 8600m gt which is known for its heat issues. If you feel uncomfortable with those temps then try another driver for reference.