LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia GeForce 7150m on XP 32-bit

Guest Grimm

Guest Grimm

I was wondering if anyone knew what driver to use one 32-bit XP with an nVidia Geforce 7150m / nForce 630m. I want something that will run the graphics card right. Mostly, I've tried installing drivers after a clean install. I get some to install, but I get an error message saying that my drivers aren't compatible. My computer is supposed to run Vista, and I have it on there, still, but... I would much rather run XP. My computer is a stock HP Pavillion dv6629wm Notebook PC that was given to me for christmas, and I'm looking for no-cost solutions. (My wallet is empty. I'm a college student. XD)

The reason the driver is not running is presumably because the inf doesn't support your card. With the modded inf it should work. So:

Download that driver and the modded inf. Replace the original inf with the modded inf and it should install properly. Your laptop should run better using XP than Vista with that notebook so there is no need to reinstall Vista. Good luck!

Guest Grimm

The reason the driver is not running is presumably because the inf doesn't support your card. With the modded inf it should work. So:

Download that driver and the modded inf. Replace the original inf with the modded inf and it should install properly. Your laptop should run better using XP than Vista with that notebook so there is no need to reinstall Vista. Good luck!

Err... No... Sorry... I mean... The driver INSTALLS... But when I restart the computer, it BSoDs, and when I uninstall the drivers again, to check if that's the problem, and look at the display config, it gives me an error message about my driver not being compatible. Actually, I'd have to shut down and reboot in XP to give you the precise error message, so... Hold on a moment...

Guest Guest

Err... No... Sorry... I mean... The driver INSTALLS... But when I restart the computer, it BSoDs, and when I uninstall the drivers again, to check if that's the problem, and look at the display config, it gives me an error message about my driver not being compatible. Actually, I'd have to shut down and reboot in XP to give you the precise error message, so... Hold on a moment...

Oops...

I meant look at the config AFTER reinstalling it.

Guest Grimm

What I really should have asked is what driver I should be using, since all of the ones I had dl-ed so far didn't work. Though, I suppose that's a useless question now, as you just gave me the one I needed. Thank you very much, sir.

No problem, glad to be of assistance.

• 3 weeks later...

Newer NVIDIA drivers give the BSOD on Windows XP with 7150m. Newer drivers work fine in Vista and Win 7.

Edited by Shaythong