LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dox- Status Update

Dox

Hey guys,

I am back again to say there will be no more future Dox releases in the foreseeable future. Its not a decision I have made lightly.

Basically, I havent got the time, motivation and most importantly pc gaming doesnt interest me as it once did.

I'd like to think I would continue despite of that, but without the passion there isnt much point.

It was alot of fun whislt it lasted, I learned alot and like i say it was really good fun.

It was Pieter and this site which inspired me to start what I did, he still around after all these years, now thats what I call massive dedication,

people should never forget what he and others has done, alot of respect should go out to him, a heck of alot and for the admins and mods.

When Nvidia started releasing official mobile driver, some people were preety damn quick to dismiss what LV2Go did for them in the past and forget the tireless task of modding infs.

But yet he/lv2go still stands, cheers pieter and the lv2go crew!

Its been great here and best of luck,

love you all and will miss you all :'(

"Dox"

Good luck in whatever you are going to do now. You and your releases will be remembered well. :)

....and this is news how? There hasn't been a Dox release in months.

If you haven't got anything smart to say, then don't.

Will miss your releases, Dox! Good luck with your real life! :)

Edited by Gameo

Thank Dox for your great work!

I wish you the best for your life.

It was great to have u here and i felt so happy about every release you made.

I think this is a good time to thank all admins and mods from here too.

I like this forum and the good guys which do such a good work.

But sad to see that so much guests don't use their brain to read some posts and don't post silly useless things.

At least i would like to thank Pieter for his work.

Thank you for ur fast detection of new driver version and espacially for your great work at the modded inf.

I hope that all people who visit this site think about how many work you and the others had to do for this great great community.

Thanks, Dox and lv2go

In the age of free this and free that, we always seem to take things too lightly.

Hats off to you Dox, for your work and contributions in stirring the nVidia user community. I can honestly say I had a heck lot of fun awaiting your releases. At some points waiting for a new Dox driver was more exciting than waiting for a new game release even, haha. Good job man, I wish I had such wonderful skills.

And here's another hat to take off to everyone who puts in effort to run this establishment (which I have visited no less than 5 times a day every single day for the last two years) that we have grown to know and love as LV2Go. If there was any reason to say I didn't regret buying the faulty 8-series mobile graphics card, it'd be because nVidia users had this awesome website to congregate :) Long live Internet communities!

All the best Dox (not DOX, heh) and here's to living out our passions. Toast!

Dox, I hope you land a job with nVidia one day... you can certainly teach them a thing or two and your ability to mod drivers borders on art. The laptop gaming community lost big today for sure.

Good luck.

...I'll always hold out a little hope that the winds of change blow you back our way again one day.

Dox, I hope you land a job with nVidia one day... you can certainly teach them a thing or two and your ability to mod drivers borders on art. The laptop gaming community lost big today for sure.

Good luck.

...I'll always hold out a little hope that the winds of change blow you back our way again one day.

A-Men to that. This is a serious blow ='/

Have fun Dox

Guest A_Guy_From_Italy

I'm using your drivers from your first release (and in the past I've always used drivers and INFs from this site), so I must say: thanks Dox for what have you done for us in all this time, I wish you every success in your life, you deserve it!

When Nvidia started releasing official mobile driver, some people were preety damn quick to dismiss what LV2Go did for them in the past and forget the tireless task of modding infs.

But yet he/lv2go still stands, cheers pieter and the lv2go crew!

"Dox"

Wish you well in the future mate and hope you did not take some of the things people have said personally. You and the LV2GO crew have done an outstanding job. Moreover, you made gaming better on NVIDIA than the guys working at NVIDIA. Goodluck on your new road.

Guest nukulorrr

Good luck Dox, and thank you once again for the great modded drivers. They still are better performant than anything NVidia released officially for my GeForce Go 7900 GS. You really did a great work, and I wish you the best.

Also many many thanks to the admins and mods of this site, you're really doing great, I love this site!

glad to hear back from you Dox, and to know everything is okay! :)

yeah this is going to be a serious blow to us who loved your drivers... but we appreciate all work and dedication you, as well as the community here at this site has given all of us.

i was hoping that you would release 1 more driver since Win7 is out now, but i guess not... :'(

take care Dox, and thanks again.

Coolcop

Sad to see you go, but I'd rather you be moving on doing what you want to do, than feel tied down. I like to think that you and Pieter hammered home the message to Nvidia that laptop users do want driver support, and it looks like they're getting with the programme. It's unlikely that things would have improved this much without Pieter and yourself.

Thanks Dox for your tremendous contributions to LV2G. While I have not used your drivers, I do observe that many users here as well as in other websites use them. This tells me that you truly are a valuable part of the driver modding community, not only just here but in every forum and website that talks about hardware devices and drivers (especially if it pertains to NVIDIA graphics :)). Your talent has inspired many.

Take care, and best of luck on your future endeavors!

Best luck in the future, Dox! I am still using one of your drivers, and will probably keep it until I move to Windows 7.  :)

Thanks for all that you have done.

Have you considered releasing your modifications so that someone might continue your excellent work?

Hey Dude,

All the best in what ever project you pursue in the future.

We still hope this project will be resurrected as there are many wannabe modders but only one Dox :)

You got quite a following with your mods.

Guest ShnikeJSB

Its funny how people forget about Geforcetony (fenuxx now) and his Mobileforce drivers, which were around along time before Dox ever was

From whom do you think Dox learned most of his modding skills from? Yep, that's right -- Tony. He started doing his thing over 4 years ago at the old TweaksRUs site (when it was good). But the more the merrier, IMHO. Choice is always better than none at all. Dox was there when Tony was on a long hiatus, and now it looks as if the opposite will happen -- Tony is back, and just today released a beta of 195.39's. TweakForce's drivers have sucked ever since they got rid of Tony, and they barely ever even release laptop drivers anymore. So, it looks like it's back down to one again, as far as I know.

We are on the brink of a new era of modless drivers, folks! It's a dying art. This is not good! For some reason, on every single site/place/board where driver-modding has taken place, the creators are losing interest left and right. Hell, I think nVidia should hire Dox and Tony on as driver writers and pay them craploads of money, LOL! Now THAT would be sweet. :)

I only wish I knew what the heck they do to the drivers so I could do them myself, LOL! :)

Guest ShnikeJSB

Oh, I don't know how, but I forgot to say THANK YOU for your contribution to the mobile community, Dox! You've always been there to help people out, selflessly devoting your time and knowledge to what is mostly an ungrateful crowd. You even help the n00bs every time without being condescending or blowing up at them, despite a deluge of the same comments/questions over and over and over again. I'd have gone crazy on people multiple times over, LOL! I don't know how you do it, man. :P

I know I've always appreciated your support and drivers, though I may not have always come out and said it. Heck, I've never even registered, LOL! If you ever DO decide to come back to modding drivers, I have no doubt we will be here with hands out. :)

Thanks again, Dox. :)

Guest Felagud

10x for all the great modding you did

Your drivers were and still are the only good drivers for my laptop and my graphics card.

Thanks for all you've done so far.

I guess I'll try nvidia drivers soon then ... I've been waiting for an update of your modded forceware for months

10x for supporting us, 10x for letting us know you're not gonna waste time on this (otherwise a lot of people like me would continue to wait) and have a great life