LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WINDOWS 10 INSIDER PREVIEW BUILD 15019

Infinity7

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 115019 now released to Insiders on the Fast Ring. Details given by Microsoft blog: 
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/01/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15019-pc/#cgf8RDrUXqDql2bq.97

• IMPORTANT: The download progress indicator shown when downloading this build is currently broken under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update. It may look like you’re getting stuck at 0% or at other percentages. Ignore the indicator and be patient. The build should download fine and the installation should kick off.
  • Per Microsoft blog, "This build does have some platform related bugs that will impact the ability to play popular games on your PC. These platform bugs are unrelated to the new gaming features such as Game Mode. We recognize that this is painful for those wanting to try out the new gaming features announced this week. We deliberated a lot on whether to release this build to Insiders with these issues, however we decided to go ahead and release it as we need feedback from Insiders on other areas of the OS. The team is working hard to get these platform bugs fixed and we plan to push the new gaming features again when we release a build that includes these fixes."
  • Per Microsoft blog, "A new settings page has been added to Windows 10’s Settings app specifically for gaming: Gaming. This new section will be identifiable with the Xbox logo. We’re also beginning to consolidate some system and user settings for gaming in this unified location, where PC users are accustomed to accessing their settings. Starting today, you’ll find settings for Game bar, GameDVR, Game Mode, and broadcasting and streaming in this new Gaming area. Not all elements of this section will be visible in today’s Windows Insider build, but we’ll continue to develop and deploy Gaming settings over time."
  • Per Microsoft blog, "Improved discovery for Troubleshooters: Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you. With Build 15019, we bring the latest piece of our ongoing effort to converge Control Panel into Settings and are happy to let you know that the Troubleshooters section of Control Panel has been migrated into Settings. We also flattened the hierarchy to make them easier to find, and added more solutions, too!  Head to Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot to see the complete list." 

Read the whole blog article to get all of the information.

For me it took about one hour and twenty minutes to finish, and most of that time I thought it was stuck, but I just kept waiting, and finally in the bottom right of my desktop was a notification that my PC needed to be restarted, and I did that.

I was able to switch on Game Mode for Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. Too early to have an opinion on it yet though, for that game.

WIn+G bar keeps popping up everywhere now with this build

1 hour ago, mobilenvidia said:

WIn+G bar keeps popping up everywhere now with this build

Left-click into Win 10 Start button/Settings/Gaming, and check out all the options there.

Does OpenGL/Vulkan work for you?

Any app renders only a white or black screen on my rig.

All extensions are there, GLSL compiler works.

stefan167-20170129.png

Stefan, I don't have that caps viewer installed, but I just now ran Heaven Benchmark 4.0 using the OpenGL API, and it ran fine.

10 hours ago, StefanG3D said:

Does OpenGL/Vulkan work for you?

Any app renders only a white or black screen on my rig.

All extensions are there, GLSL compiler works.

GTX850M is no good blank window
Intel i7-5500u all good

Found 2 more annoyed Optimus users, looks like the issue is limited to notebooks.

Another thing: Powershell is default now, if you want CMD prompt back in context menus goto

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/59686-open-command-window-here-administrator-add-windows-10-a.html