LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I need lots of help..

MikeRG

So I installed the "Bioshock" drivers with the hot fixes and whatnot, Bioshock (as well as other games) sort of "stutter" alot and pretty much end up unplayable, this only happens certain drivers, it seems, can anyone help me remove this problem? I'd rather use the newest drivers (163.44), the stutter happens even at the menu, it's really annoying and leads to all games being unplayable unless I install some old drivers, even then, I don't remember the ones I used a long time ago.

Please help.

Edited by MikeRG

So I installed the "Bioshock" drivers with the hot fixes and whatnot, Bioshock (as well as other games) sort of "stutter" alot and pretty much end up unplayable, this only happens certain drivers, it seems, can anyone help me remove this problem? I'd rather use the newest drivers (163.44), the stutter happens even at the menu, it's really annoying and leads to all games being unplayable unless I install some old drivers, even then, I don't remember the ones I used a long time ago.

Please help.

Question. Are you on Vista? If so, that is your problem right there. The 7900GS Go with Vista has a seriously well known stuttering problem and it's why I sold my Toshiba P105-s9722

If you are on XP I really have nothing to add :)

Soz!

Yeah I'm on Vista, maybe this error will go away within the next few months with the Vista Service Pack, hopefully.

Yeah I'm on Vista, maybe this error will go away within the next few months with the Vista Service Pack, hopefully.

I can't wait that long to play Bioshock... and Im not even using a 7900... Im using a 140m...

Any other opinions on this? anything to back up the statement in the 1st reply?

try to run bioshock in directx9 mode, goto command prompt -> move to bioshock folder-> run "Bioshock.exe -dx9"

Trying it, seems fine but I just started the laptop so chances are it'll mess up later

anyone who think Bioshock XP 32-bit driver works well ? (thinking to try it)

i use 84.69 by the way. (have allways use 84.69. think its the best/stable go7900gs driver of them all)

Edited by mattias

• 3 weeks later...

So does anyone else have this problem? If so, did you fix it?

I'm tired of this stuttering, It's way annoying.