LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Longitudinal stripes after installing driver

mac_bobby

Hello together,

don't know exactly why but I tried to install the driver under the following address from this website:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=14549

After downloading the driver itself I exctracted it and installed it. While installing I got those longitudinal stripes on my display. After a while I pressed the on/off - button and the windows screen came back. Then I had to reboot my system. The first time I rebooted these stripes appeared on the screen. After rebooting a second time it worked again. This was yesterday morning. After that I shut down the system and went to university and everything worked fine with the laptop. Home again I burned a CD and brought my laptop into hibernation and went to bed.

This morning a got up and started my laptop. Since that moment it boots up with the following picture since Windows is completely loaded. After that the screen returns to blank/black but remains background-lighted. I am still able to connect a second screen to my laptop and that is also working.

My System:

HP Pavilion dv6153eu

1 GB DDR2

nVidia GeForce Go 7200

Windows XP Home Edition

CIMG1969_copy.jpg

Does the driver overwrite any bios of my graphic card or anything else hardware regarding?

Do you know any ways to fix that? Thanks previously

Edited by mac_bobby

I'm having a similar issue except mine still show the desktop but has strips that looks as if they are overlapping.

post-14577-1191281587_thumb.jpg

Guest FrozenLord

Hi

I had the exactly same problem, where the desktop was cut in stripes that overlap.

I use a Dell Inspiron 9400 equipped with a GeForce 7900GS, using a modded BIOS to overclock.

So I'm not sure, if the problem's source is the same.

However, my problem was solved by simply raising the Core and Memory Clock in 2D Mode from 100 to 120 MHZ (anything a bit higher than 100 / standard seems to work).

I used Riva Tuner, to overclock the 2D settings.

Hopefully, I was of some help for you :-)

So Far

FrozenLord