LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with the HDMI port!

Guest MJalbert

Guest MJalbert

Hi all,

I need help! I'm having some problem with my display since I changed my analog cable to my new HDMI/DVI cable. I use a Dell XPS M1330 (NVIDIA 8400GS) with the 169.09 driver and a Samsung 2232BW (22') in single display mode.

When I use the analog cable with the 1680*1050 definition, it works fine but when I switch the cable and reboot, then I doesn't work anymore. It's like if my monitor maximum resolution was of 1280*960 so the my workspace become larger than my screen (so I have to scroll from one side to another to see all my workspace).

It seems that the problem is from my driver, like if it was setup somewhere that my monitor is an 1280*960 native resolution but when I look in the NVIDIA control panel, it tells me that the native resolution IS 1680*1050.

Anyone had this problem??

Thanks,

MJalbert

Guest MJalbert

Another interesting fact, after reinstalling the driver, it works but after playing WoW and reboot, then it never works again!

Please help me!

MJalbert