LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Screen problem on laptop

Guest hunted

Guest hunted

I have an AOpen 1559 with a NVidia GO6600. With the graphic card I only get a black screen (with backlight) when starting up. If I take the graphic card out of my laptop I get a totaly white screen (and the machine beeps when I start it up).

Anybody who know what the problem is?

Also if I connect the laptop to a external screen it it works... (at least some times, its some bad connection from the vga output).

When I connect an external screen and look thru the hardware it does'nt find the laptop screen (the nearest is a standard 1024 screen (the connected one is 1400*1050)).

Same question; Anybody who know what the problem is?

Your question is very hard to understand but from what I have gathered I will try to give an answer:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, I don't think you should expect a lot from a computer without a graphics card (white screen explained) :) If you are getting visual output from an external monitor but not from your lcd screen then the problem must be either a bad connection or broken wires to your laptop's monitor (which I would think it is) or a non-functional or damaged lcd of itself. All I can do is narrow down your misfortune. Anyway, good luck figuring out the problem!

I would definitely check on the display connection if I knew how to open the PC. If the cable was broken, it probably wouldn't be that hard to fix.

Guest hunted

Thanks.

About the white screen; That means that the lcd display works. Right?

I have opened the laptop. I took out all the parts and put them together again, and the laptop still works on an external monitor. I didnt find any visual damage on anything inside the laptop (I have no experience at this), so i figured that it might be the Nvidia GO6600. Anyway, it could be one of the cables.

Thanks again, and if someone have new/other suggestions Im happy.

Sorry about my writing (Im norwegian).

I think if the problem were with the graphics card, then it would occur with the external monitor as well.