LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Screen refresh rate help for geforce 4 440 Go

Guest The Creeper

Guest The Creeper

Ok, heres the deal. On my old, latest version and bios, straight from dell Detonator, I had found a tweak guide somewhere where It showed you how to overide your refresh rates and I had mine set to 75 although I couldve chosen higher. I wanted to upgrade my Det. and finally found you guys (Thank GOD!). I upgraded my Det. to the 71.24 with the 30.47p and it worked great with HL2, although I couldnt do any tweaking to my refresh rates. I figured it was the wrong one so I tried the 67.50 with the 30.43p which is what is installed now and still the same problem, except now the whole game is kinda choppy in different areas. Before all of this I had installed the new driver directly from Nvidia not knowing any better and hl2 ran smooth as silk EXCEPT I didnt have access to my Nview settings. I would like to get my card tweaked back to the 75hz refresh rate if at all possible. Any suggestions would be :) greatly appreciated.

What and where is this tweak guide you are talking about?

If you could post how you got your refresh rate on yoru screen to be 75Hz then maybe I could give you a better sugestion.

Anyway, I just looked into my driver control panel and came across this.

If you go to the nview menu and right click on your LCD screen and go to change resolution you will be brought to this menu pictured below.

Where it says custom resolutions and refresh rates, click add, go through the warning junk, then you will see the other menu pictured below.

If you use Pieter's regular moddified INF, you should see that, if you really want to use his performance INF and that menu is not there, you can enable that setting by modding the INF and/or editing the registry.

I have not tried that 71.24 driver just yet, but I do know that when I tried the 71.20 driver that was there I think.

Hope this helps you.

Bill

post-3-11047816500_thumb.jpg

post-3-11047816501_thumb.jpg

Guest The Creeper

Thanks for the quick reply. If I knew where I found that tweak guide, I would be all set. It seems like I had to change a few values in the registry to unlock refresh rates other than 60 in nview, but I cant remember for sure. Ive searched all over the net on how to do this. I cant find anything on it anywhere. Ive even tried the NVlite and nvtweak and those doesnt work either. :) Oh and btw Im running the 67.50 with the 30.43p inf. It seems I typed in the search geforce 4 440 go tweaks and found it. Ill keep looking and post it if I find it.

So could your change your refresh rate?

Does Half Life 2 really run that much better with that driver?

I have not had the chance to test it with other drivers than what I am currently running.

If that menu does not appear for you try this INF for the 71.24 driver.

Its customized for the I8200+GF4 440 Go 64 MB (0174).

Edit: Since I forgot to say this, Welcome to the LaptopVideo2Go forums! :)

71.24_INF.zip

Guest The Creeper

The 66.93 driver I downloaded from Nvidia was the one that worked so good, but I didnt have access to my Nview where I could tweak my refresh rates.

No that didnt work. Im pretty sure it has something to do with changing a value in the Nvidia registry to unlock the other refresh rates. Ive got to find that guide. Oh yeah, thanks for the big welcome cheers :)

So what happened when you tried to set that custom refresh rate like in the pic?

I do not want to try it. lol (wouldn't want to damage my nice LCD screen, although I know it probably won't)

Here is an FAQ about the I8200.

http://www.geocities.com/thebithead/I8200FAQ.htm

Even if you think you know everything about the I8200, there is still probably some usefull info there for you.