LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I don't think it's a software issue this time...

Bill

For those unaware, I started having graphics corruption like around yesturday while playing Doom 3, not sure if it had to do with any thing I might have changed in the drivers, anyway I started getting corruption in windows too, so I uninstalled, then everything seemed to be running fine, then I installed the 72.01 drivers, and they ran, TV out was fine, but I started seeing more graphics corruption in windows :) , then started to have a heart attack.

I ran an N64 emu, and the screen got all garbled, and I thought it would lock up, but then it actually worked, and the game ran better than I have seem it run in a long time (game had graphics problems with like, every driver since the 65 series that I had tried) and it seem to run just fine (strange) I then quite that and ran Doom3, the intro video started playing, but the game never made it to the title screen..............

I then, when I finaly got windows to make it past the login screen, uninstalled the drivers, but still get graphics corruption.....

I will do a system restore next I think, and then maybe try the old 42 drivers and see if they work, but they probably won't.

I could also maybe try a driver cleaner, especially if those drivers just got corrupted..... (any recomendations?)

Anybody got any good ideas?

I have no clue what the temp of the GPU was when this first happened, but it couldn't have overheated, fans were running and I've never had overheating problems before as far as I am aware, atleast not on my laptop, and when these things happen in windows and stuff, I can see the temp and can't put the 2 together.

I guess if I have to call Dell, what should I do?

It could be the card, or the MOBO, or a combination.

Then there is the choice of maybe getting teh ultimate Quadro GO GL 700. :(

If heat killed this card finaly though, I am concerned about getting a $300+ card that might just brake, or not work right.

If I can get it to do this, I might try and run nerd with the 43.57 drivers to get a proper EDID readout for if I get the new card and have display problems.

Should I attempt one of those heat mod things to the next card I get?

Kind of at a loss here right now, everything likes to die one me, in like 2 years 3 Hard drives, 3 DVD drives, and now it seems a graphics card have decided they don't want to work....

Next thing I know the fans will go on me.....

:P Bill :)