LaptopVideo2Go Forums

52.16/20.3x standby problem

ministeve

Testing 20.3x (the latest is 20.36) with 52.16 a standby issue emerged. Comparing 11.65 (which did not give any problems) to 20.36, I selected various settings that were different in the infs and tested their influence. The results were the following:

- adding the nv_MapOSD3ToNV sections and references reproduces the problem in 11.65;

- on the other hand commenting out nv_MapOSD3ToNV in 20.36 (actually in a slightly modified version of 20.36---I copied a few lines from 11.65 to support immediate DualView installation):

[nv4.SoftwareSettings]
AddReg = nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings
AddReg = nv4_icdSoftwareSettings
AddReg = nv_ControlPanelSettings
AddReg = nv_tweaks
;AddReg = nv_MapOSD3ToNV
DelReg = nv_ClearRegistrySwitches

solved it for 20.36. Since many recent drivers had the standby problem on my system, the claim is that it can be solved in similar way for all those drivers.

FinalIy I wonder what is the connection to the observation about MapOSD3ToNV here :

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....st=0entry4559

Mr. Tao had to add the MapOSD3ToNV setting in order

to get standby working

whereas I had to remove it (nv_MapOSD3ToNV commented out in the code above references in 20.36 exactly the same setting Mr.Tao removed).

Edited by ministeve

I can confirm this... I used to have Resume from Standby problems until I deleted any text in the driver INFs containing "MapOSD3ToNV".

Now I have no problems resuming from standby... currently running 53.90.

I did try 53.90 with "MapOSD3ToNV" and I continued to have standby problems...

I can't have it on my machine or all turns to custard when I return from Standby.

Mmm, food for thought.

Pieter.

It seems that MapOSD3ToNV=3 is required for proper standby on Dells. On Toshibas, it causes problems. On other machines, I'm not sure. Has anyone seen any exceptions to this?

INF 20.50 is out with 2 options for install.

1) normal without "MapOSD3ToNV" should work on most machines except for certain Dells.

2) "Standby fix" which has "MapOSD3ToNV=3" for any laptop with standby problems with no 1 (Dells)

Give them a try and report back.

Pieter.