LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amilo 3438G Performance Video Bioses mk2

Hellfire202

Hi there all. I made a topic farther down related to this. After extensive testing i have made 2 video bioses for the Amilo 3438G. The first is a performance bios, with 3D clocks set at 380mhz core and 640mhz memory speeds. This will give a healthy gain in performance in 3D applications, games etc. The second video bios is a Hi-Performance video bios, with 3D clocks set at 410mhz core and 680mhz memory. This is the highest most stable clocks this laptop should be run at without overheating and creating artifacts. You will notice the temperature rise using these bioses but as long as the temperature does not hit 95oC then your fine, and believe me it will not. So to everyone with this laptop please enjoy and please post back with your results.

Note: After flashing a new video bios please re-install video drivers even if not prompted.

Amilo_3438G_Video_Bios_Files.zip

Note: After flashing a new video bios please re-install video drivers even if not prompted.

I have a 4438 and I tried one of your video bios - i believe it was the 390/720. The clocks changed but the stability was poor with constant freezing of windows so I changed back to the original bios 325/600. I never re-installed the FW driver though. Is what I experienced normal and caused by the fact that i didn't re-install the driver or is it caused by something else. I can't for the life of me understand why there should be any difference between these two models as they are similar in specs.

I have removed the files that contain the other bioses because as soon as the memory hits over 680 it becomes unstable (eg overheating/creating artifacts). I cannot understand why it would make windows crash as i have never had that problem and neither has my frind who has the same laptop. I left the 2D clocks the same which is what is used under windows as there is no point in changing them. Make sure that you are using the latest motherboard bios and all your other drivers are up to date. Also make sure you uninstall previous video drivers and reinstall them. I hope you can get theses to work as they increase your 3d Mark 05 score from 3700ish to 4600.

Well, that didn't work at all. I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers and ran driver cleaner. After a reboot I flashed the bios. At that point everything seemed to be ok. All I could noticed was a slight increase in fan noise. But when I tried to install the 81.95 driver things suddenly became really messy with numerous blue screens and critical errors. I was unable to start windows and was forced to do so in safe mode. I'm back to the original video bios now and intend to leave it at that. I'm still puzzled about the cause of my problems. There shouldn't be any difference between the 3438g and 4438g, should it?

I could get my 4438 to boot with 380/640 bios, with 81.95 drivers reinstalled. But slight corruption was seen here and there and 3DMark05 started showing less fps and froze on test2. So no trick allows more than 360-364/ 618-625 with my chips, the growing corruption causes just slowdown. I think F-S has bought some memory really cheap, almost no overclock allowed. And my "580 MHz" go5700 could do 740...sigh :)

Hi there. Its Hellfire. I dont think these will work on the 4438G as the hex is slightly different between the 2 bioses. Can someone else with a 3438G please try them and let me know.

• 3 months later...

it doesn`t work on my 3438g. windows freezes.

@Hellfire202: have you change the core voltage?