LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GE Force FX Go5700

Guest RoxxxyGurL

Guest RoxxxyGurL

Hi I am a full on new to all of this but I can say I have been reading and learning so much from your site.

Thank goodness for such smart people like you! :P

I won't go into my whole sad story but I will just ask this and please believe I have looked over the

drivers and couldn't seem to find the one that matches my system :)

I have a Toshiba Qosmio FX15

Operating System is Windown XP MCE

GE Force FX Go5700

Could you please direct me to the driver that I can download to update it from its current

date of 2004 :)

thank you very much

Any of our drivers should work for you, but I'd start with 72.14 since it was originally designed for MCE and works well with the FX series adapters. There's a separate MCE folder included, with an additional MCE program you need to run. Let us know if you have any trouble with it.

Guest RoxxxyGurL
Any of our drivers should work for you, but I'd start with 72.14 since it was originally designed for MCE and works well with the FX series adapters. There's a separate MCE folder included, with an additional MCE program you need to run. Let us know if you have any trouble with it.

thank you very much! I will do as told ! :)

Guest RoxxxyGurL

K ....hi um I did run into problems ....I downloaded the 7214 with the mce program included with it ....

Ok so I like installed the mce program first?

Then tried to install the driver but keep getting that this driver isn't compatible with my system?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you

Look for "Pieter's mobile INF modified for v72.14" just below the driver link. Copy that into the folder where you extracted the driver files, then follow the instructions here.

Let us know if you have any trouble with it.

Where are you getting that message? Is is during installation? (Does the driver install completely, or do you get the message somewhere before you reboot the computer?)

As long as it installs, the driver date isn't important ...so long as it's reasonably current and does what you need it to do.

If the driver is not installing properly, try uninstalling your current driver from add/remove programs first, then go install the new driver.

I would recomend installing it using the have disk method (read our FAQ section) even though it is a pain after you uninstall drivers.

Just look for the have disk button and you'll be good to go.

Guest RoxxxyGurL
Where are you getting that message? Is is during installation? (Does the driver install completely, or do you get the message somewhere before you reboot the computer?)

As long as it installs, the driver date isn't important ...so long as it's reasonably current and does what you need it to do.

Ok Hi you are so helpful ... however in my case the driver date is totally important ....I will give you a brief run down ....Ok I play a Disney game and Disney updated this game and since the update my laptop crashes all the time I mean like full on system shut down blue screen the works... Ok so when I go to Disney and tell them that with their current update my pc is crashing they say well we can not help you untill you update your driver. I go to NVidia site and cant find my driver listed. I finally get ahold of people at NVidia and they refer me to this website. So I am unable to play this game cuz I am crashing Disney is unwilling to help me until I update my driver which has a Novemeber 2004 date....

Ok like when I found this site I had tried already to install different drivers but then I posted here and was told the correct way to update the driver with the link you provided to me .... Ok so you know where you go and uncheck the box to look for a driver to use that is in your pc? Well there must be no joke at least 40 drivers to choose from.... so like I tried like heck to figure out which to use and actually tried many of them out out of 15 or so that i choose from the date on the driver is still not a current date such as a 2005 date and without that I will get no help from Disney ..... I will say that it isnt that driver do not seem to work or install I just cant seem to find a driver in my system that shows a current driver date.

So like what am I doing wrong?

I will do what Bill has recommended and uninstal drivers first and reinstall and see where this takes me

Thanks so mucho for all your help

RoxyGurL

Okay... I understand what's happening.

Download this driver and extract it to an empty folder somewhere. Then download this inf file and put it into the same folder with the driver files, overwriting the inf that's already there. Then reinstall using the same method we gave you before.

If you still get the out of date message, let us know and we'll point you to something newer.

I've also got a go5700, but in an HP zd7260 w/ XP Pro...I think I've tried just about every driver out there. I can't install *any* of them so far, I blue screen every time. I've gone so far as to start with a fresh format and install. Does anyone else have any of these drivers working on a zd7200 series?

But wouldn't be the 81.98 the lastest updated drivers for the geforce series? i mean if i installed that 7214 ones .. wouldn't there will be more recent drivers that are available and infact better that that one?

Thanks.

But wouldn't be the 81.98 the lastest updated drivers for the geforce series? i mean if i installed that 7214 ones .. wouldn't there will be more recent drivers that are available and infact better that that one?

You would think so. But, strangely enough, that's not the case. Nvidia optimizes their drivers for the latest series of video cards while still trying to make them work with older cards. The effect is that when one series of cards is replaced (the FX series for example), subsequent drivers become less and less optimized and run slower and slower, and some features (PowerMizer, for example) can be lost entirely.

So here's the rundown: The fastest drivers for the 4x cards are still the 48.xx drivers. The 53.xx drivers are the absolute fastest for the FX cards. And the jury is still out for the 6X cards.

So why do I recommend 67.66 and/or 72.14 for the FX series when the 53.xx drivers are faster? Basically it's compatibility. The 63.xx series were the first to fully support Windows XP Service Pack 2 and DirectX 9c. Nvidia refined the series and fixed many bugs by the end of the 6x drivers, the last of which is 67.66. It's a very fast driver, fully compatible with SP2 and DX9c and is a good choice for all FX cards.

...Unless you have a game or software that requires something more recent.

In that case, I recommend 72.14 simply because it's the most recent driver that supports the FX series' PowerMizer 2.0. For most of us, any driver more recent than 72.14 lacks the PowerMizer adjuster sliders and locks the video clock at the "Max Power Savings" speed, which is very slow. 72.14 was originally designed for MCE and works well with a very wide range of cards.

You definitely can install more recent drivers, including the brand new 83.xx series, but the only reason for doing so would be to run the most recent games, many of which demand more horsepower than the FX cards have, especially the Mobile FX cards. Your games and video will run slower and you need to disable PowerMizer to keep it from clocking down inappropriately. For most FX users (at least those off us at the low end of the FX series) it would defeat our purpose.

You would think so. But, strangely enough, that's not the case. Nvidia optimizes their drivers for the latest series of video cards while still trying to make them work with older cards. The effect is that when one series of cards is replaced (the FX series for example), subsequent drivers become less and less optimized and run slower and slower, and some features (PowerMizer, for example) can be lost entirely.

So here's the rundown: The fastest drivers for the 4x cards are still the 48.xx drivers. The 53.xx drivers are the absolute fastest for the FX cards. And the jury is still out for the 6X cards.

So why do I recommend 67.66 and/or 72.14 for the FX series when the 53.xx drivers are faster? Basically it's compatibility. The 63.xx series were the first to fully support Windows XP Service Pack 2 and DirectX 9c. Nvidia refined the series and fixed many bugs by the end of the 6x drivers, the last of which is 67.66. It's a very fast driver, fully compatible with SP2 and DX9c and is a good choice for all FX cards.

...Unless you have a game or software that requires something more recent.

In that case, I recommend 72.14 simply because it's the most recent driver that supports the FX series' PowerMizer 2.0. For most of us, any driver more recent than 72.14 lacks the PowerMizer adjuster sliders and locks the video clock at the "Max Power Savings" speed, which is very slow. 72.14 was originally designed for MCE and works well with a very wide range of cards.

You definitely can install more recent drivers, including the brand new 83.xx series, but the only reason for doing so would be to run the most recent games, many of which demand more horsepower than the FX cards have, especially the Mobile FX cards. Your games and video will run slower and you need to disable PowerMizer to keep it from clocking down inappropriately. For most FX users (at least those off us at the low end of the FX series) it would defeat our purpose.

Hi , I am a new forum user and I have a GeForce FX Go5700 on a HP laptop zd7395ea. I read what you wrote about the various version of drivers and so I would some help from you.

My actual version is the oem 54.05 ov hp. I have a problem when I use the lifeview Flydvb duo cardbus to convert an analogical video (VCR or TV) in a digital files. My problem is thath with a resolution higher than 640*480 there is a part of video (left side) with an orizontal disturb.

I use the cardbus on a different laptop ( hp 80XX with Ati radeon 256 MB) and it does not create this problem. I have controlled the drivers tools and effectively there isn't the update rate of resolution between 640*480 and 800*600 for application. Can you give me a version driver and inf that resolve the question?

Thank you!!! :)

Leonard81, this is usually a hardware problem where the machine isn't supplying enough voltage to support the higher resolution. Unfortunately, I don't know of any solution.

I've also got a go5700, but in an HP zd7260 w/ XP Pro...I think I've tried just about every driver out there. I can't install *any* of them so far, I blue screen every time. I've gone so far as to start with a fresh format and install. Does anyone else have any of these drivers working on a zd7200 series?

So which driver did you use? I am in the same situation with my ZD 7260.

Jeff

• 2 months later...

please could somebody tell me where i could download 72.14 version of the driver? thanks!!

You guys want the driver from here.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7266 (bottem of first post)

or here

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?dr...=1&type=1&dir=1

With Pieter's mod INF of course.