Driver Version: 85.05 (8.5.0.5)

Driver Date: 2005-11-02

Driver Size: 1.8 MB

Driver Released by: nVidia

MS WHQL Certificate: False

Setup Files Included: False

International Files : False

Comments

Vista drivers come with 2 INFS, one for Mobile GPUs (nv_DM.inf) and one for desktop GPU's (nv_lh.inf)

Vista supports the latest GPUs but if you have an older GPU a modded INF will be needed (or anything but a Dell Laptop)

Grab the appropriate INF from above and replace the original, it may pay to remove the other INF from the driver dir.

Now goto System Properties and then display, now use driver update to install the driver, by pointing the wizard to the driver directory with modded INF and Vista files.

Remember Vista WDDM drivers are very small and DON'T have control panels so you can't can't change any settings.

Also you MUST have a pixel shader capable GPU for Aero Glass effect to work.

I have enanbled this in the INF should your GPU be capable of it but Vista's machine check decides not to enable it.

Documents

No documents.

Support

Benchmarks

• GeForce 2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)
  • GeForce FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from zipper (v53.51 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6200: HERE from AJH (v70.75 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from REAVER (v66.81 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: HERE from jamesd (v79.31 - current)

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

Microsoft with their LDDM release of Windows Vista (Longhorn) have included Forceware 85.05

I have modded the INFs (there are 2 of them).

There is 1 INF for just Dell Laptops this I have modded to include all Mobile GPU's)

This has no Tweaks added to it, so the hidden pages will remain hidden.

The other INF is for a select few Desktop GPU's.

I have modded this to include support for all GPU's, this is a beta INF as it's not tested yet.

This has ALL the tweaks added as well.

This will require some fiddely work to find the INFs hidden inside the install files and then replace with modded one.

It may pay to remove the other INF for ease of install.

Do you have any idea when the driver will be available for download? I would like to test this series out.

I'm nearly 1/2 way through DLing the whole thing (Vista 2.3GB)

Am being held up with Rapidshare's 1 file per 1.5 hours and there are 23 files to DL.

Once I get this, I'll see what I can do.

I've got Vista Downloaded and installed.

Vista stores all the files in a mammoth file on the install DVD where I can't get access to.

I can see a couple of 85.05 files.

I should be able to have a better look once I get my new HD, as I have no room left on my HD.

Vitsa gobbles up 70,000 files and a lofty 12GB of space on my 30GB HD.

I've got Vista Downloaded and installed.

Vista stores all the files in a mammoth file on the install DVD where I can't get access to.

I can see a couple of 85.05 files.

I should be able to have a better look once I get my new HD, as I have no room left on my HD.

Vitsa gobbles up 70,000 files and a lofty 12GB of space on my 30GB HD.

Thanks for the great work, im trying to get my geforce fx go 5600 running on vista on my hp laptop

when do you think the drivers will be ready, im using the ge force ddr driver, how do we get the .inf files to work, it says that it is missing files when it tries to use the inf file to download drivers

I tried to install these drivers by creating a new direcotry and mocving over the .inf file here, I can select my graphics card but didnt see an LDDM driver for it, will this driver work with glass or do I need the Geforce Fx Go5600(LDDM) driver?

• 2 weeks later...

This driver is build into 5270, you'll need the driver above if your GPU is not one of the supported ones.

I'm getting a BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys on reboot with this and the 8670 in Vista 5270 with my GeForce 440 Go. Anyone having better luck with another driver version?

These are the only versions that work with 5270 out there.

They work fine on my GF2go, wonder if something else is a foot.

Before I got my new faster HD, the driver took too long to install and timed out.

Explorer.exe was very unstable, the HD change made a big difference with this.

Just a thought.