Issues Resolved in Version 84.12

The following are changes made and issues resolved since driver version 82.12:
Single GPU Issues
• Windows XP, GeForce 7800 GTX: Dell 30" panel DVI link hot plug
does not work properly.
• Windows XP: Corel Paint Shop Pro X does not work on dual-core
processors.
• GeForce 7 Series, GeForce 6 Series: Resolutions higher than 1280x800
are unavailable on the Dell 3007WFP panel with dual-link DVI GPUs.
• GeForce 7 Series, GeForce 6 Series: Serious Sam 2 freezes on Dual
Core CPUs.
• GeForce 7800 GTX/GT 512: 4x AA does not work at 2560x1600 on the
Apple 30" Cinema display.
• GeForce 7800 GTX/GT: Reflective surfaces in Max Payne 2 are
unaffected by light sources.
• GeForce 7 Series, GeForce 6800: The NVIDIA Dawn Ultra demo runs
slowly on AGP systems.
• GeForce 7 Series: Global profile options are changed when changing
individual application profiles.
• GeForce 7 Series: There is no default color-correction option available
in the application profiles.
By design, the default setting for color profiles is “Not Available”.
• GeForce 6800, Windows XP: Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic 1
and 2 stutter badly with dual core CPUs.
• GeForce 6600, Windows XP Media Center Edition: Component out
options are not available in the NVIDIA TV Device Settings page.
This issue is resolved with BIOS version 5.43.02.89 or higher. Please contact
your OEM or graphics card manufacturer to receive this BIOS.
• GeForce 6600: “Run a DLL Error” occurs when changing resolutions
in nView Horizontal Span mode.
• GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: Dungeon Siege 2 intermittently hangs with a
black screen.
• Windows XP, GeForce FX 5900/5950: Graphics corruption occurs
with Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2.

SLI Issues
• GeForce 7 Series, GeForce 6 Series, SLI: Resolutions higher than
1280x800 are unavailable on the Dell 3007WFP panel with dual-link
DVI GPUs.
• GeForce 7800 GTX/GT, SLI: Cars and various objects do not render
properly in TOCA Race Driver 2 with any level antialiasing enabled.
• GeForce 7800 GTX/GT: Flickering occurs in the water in Serious Sam
• GeForce 7800 GTX/GT, SLI: There is corruption when running
Ground Control 2 with SLI enabled.
• GeForce 6800, Windows XP, SLI: There is a large performance drop in
Far Cry when 8x SLI antialiasing is enabled, compared to 4x
antialiasing.
• GeForce 6600 (all models except GeForce 6600 VE), SLI: RUNDLL
error occurs when enabling SLI without the SLI connector.

Documents

Support

Benchmarks

• GeForce 2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)
  • GeForce FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from zipper (v53.51 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6200: HERE from AJH (v70.75 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from REAVER (v66.81 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: HERE from jamesd (v79.31 - current)

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

These are excellent drivers. At stock settings on 3DMark05 my previous high was 3066 but got 3075 with these.

About the same speed as 83.xx ones. When used with newest PureVideo and Quicktime , playback of H.264 content is slightly smoother. I would say that cpu usage is 5-10% lighter.

This driver includes the new control panel. It seems to be still broken. Can anyone else verify this? :)

I have the same old control center as before.

But I have a problem with my fan. i have got a Fujitsi-Siemens M3438G with a go6800. But with this driver, my fan (of the gpu) is running full speed all the time. With my last driver (81.98) from here I didn't had this problem. The GPU-fan was only running when I was playing games, when I was doing normal work like Word, internet, the FAN was off.

EDIT: enabling the NVIDIA service lets the fan run at half speed instead of off.

But I have a problem with my fan. i have got a Fujitsi-Siemens M3438G with a go6800. But with this driver, my fan (of the gpu) is running full speed all the time. With my last driver (81.98) from here I didn't had this problem. The GPU-fan was only running when I was playing games, when I was doing normal work like Word, internet, the FAN was off.

Run services.msc and check if the Nvidia display driver service is disabled. If it is, start it and change start mode Automatic.

I have a Dell XPS, with a nVidia Go 6800 Ultra, can I use this driver? What is the newest version I can use?

Thanks for any help,

Bachian

I have a Dell XPS, with a nVidia Go 6800 Ultra, can I use this driver? What is the newest version I can use?

Version 84.12 should work just fine for you. Make sure you download the modified inf and replace the one in the driver's with it. :)

Maybe someone here can answer this question. What does the Nvidia Driver Helper Service actually do? There seems to be no difference in relation to performance or image quality with it either enabled or disabled. I know some laptops need to have it disabled to avoid the memory error. :)

Version 84.12 should work just fine for you. Make sure you download the modified inf and replace the one in the driver's with it. :)

Sorry, I'm a beginner in this subject.

Do you mean that INF on top of this page? What's "Enhance", an enhanced version?

So, as I undestood, I've to download the driver, and overwrite the INF with that one, I'm allright?

Thanks for any help,

Bachian

Sorry, I'm a beginner in this subject.

Do you mean that INF on top of this page? What's "Enhance", an enhanced version?

So, as I undestood, I've to download the driver, and overwrite the INF with that one, I'm allright?

Thanks for any help,

Bachian

Yes, the INF on the top of the page. Enhance is for advanced users who have very specific configurations. I would stay away from it.

Guest Mr Damage

I have tried these drivers and they seem to be working well, except for overclocking.

Here are some of my benchmarks from 3DMark05

Dell 9300 6800 go

290/590 (83.60) = 3415 (Default way Dell ships)

371/755 (83.60) = 4340 (Ran stable at 59C)

Dell 9300 and upgraded it to the 7800 GTX.

400/1.06 (83.60) = 6592

400/1.06 (84.12) = 6637

What I can't seem to do is overclock with the new video card. I used the old control panel set the mode to manual overclock. Set the value I want, test it, click apply and have the start up checked. Then when I close the panel and reopen it has reset the value back to their defaults. Has anyone seen this behavior. I had the same issue with the 83.60 drivers, but not with the 6800 card. The 6800 card overclocked just fine as you can see in my benchmarks.

How I install drivers:

First removing the drivers and then boot to safe mode run driver cleaner pro, reboot again install the new drivers with the modded inf and finish up with a reboot. If I did something wrong here let me know.

As a side note these latest drivers fixed a problem I was having with Guild Wars. It would go into some wierd large block draw mode for the terain. So I really like these drivers so far.

Any help would be much appreciated.

At www.tweaksrus.com people posted that they have better image quality with this driver then with 83.xx series. I can confirm that textures look a bit better in Counter-Strike. In 83.xx drivers , distant textures had 'ants' - they looked too sharp, but maybe mipmap LOD bias was set too low.

Other games showed no noticable difference but if it ain't worse it has to be better, right ? :)

I have tried these drivers and they seem to be working well, except for overclocking.

Dell 9300 6800 go

400/1.06 (83.60) = 6592

400/1.06 (84.12) = 6637

What I can't seem to do is overclock with the new video card. I used the old control panel set the mode to manual overclock. Set the value I want, test it, click apply and have the start up checked. Then when I close the panel and reopen it has reset the value back to their defaults. Has anyone seen this behavior. I had the same issue with the 83.60 drivers, but not with the 6800 card. The 6800 card overclocked just fine as you can see in my benchmarks.

How I install drivers:

First removing the drivers and then boot to safe mode run driver cleaner pro, reboot again install the new drivers with the modded inf and finish up with a reboot. If I did something wrong here let me know.

As a side note these latest drivers fixed a problem I was having with Guild Wars. It would go into some wierd large block draw mode for the terain. So I really like these drivers so far.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Yeah, I have the same problem, I think it has to do with the nvsvc32.exe being disabled by default. It's function is to "remember" whatever setting you have changed. I had the same problem with the clock frequencies being changed back to defaults everytime I restart the computer. I have re-enabled the service but it is still acting strange. Seems to "remember" half of the time now, an improvement but still a pain to manually check everytime I want to play a game.

Later,

Alex

Guest Guest

Dell 9300 6800 go

400/1.06 (83.60) = 6592

400/1.06 (84.12) = 6637

Hey, have you tried the 84.12 on nVidia 6800? I'd like to know the results...

About your overclocking, it's on the nVidia Go 6800 Utltra? I'm asking because I think I read somewhere that it not supports overclocking.

Bachian

Hey, have you tried the 84.12 on nVidia 6800? I'd like to know the results...

About your overclocking, it's on the nVidia Go 6800 Utltra? I'm asking because I think I read somewhere that it not supports overclocking.

Bachian

My overclocking is on the regular Geforce 6800. I'll do a 3dmark05 and let you know what I get soon.

Later,

Alex

P.S. I had some weird FPS results on half-life 2. First run gave excellent FPS but 2nd run of video test would halve the frame rate, these drivers are weird! :) :)

I got 4359 on 3dmark05 with no antialiasing, and 3892 with 4x antialiasing. Resolution was at 1024x768.

Later,

Alex

Guest Guest

EDIT: enabling the NVIDIA service lets the fan run at half speed instead of off.

So still problems with the driver?

Guest TheRealist
So still problems with the driver?

Am testing the 84.12 as of 3/07 on my 9300 dell , so far so good w/ the exception of one Blue screen claiming that my 2G of memory failed due to bad memory check , other than that seems to work well .(Never forget the INF , or view the blue screen of O.F.C.N.A. )

TheRealist

Ugh my screen just cuts off at a random time with these -.- the sound also stretches out badly when iit does. Ive got an alienware m5700 go 6800

Speaking of 3007wfp support, I've tried my Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2 both with its original GeForce Go 6800 Ultra, and with my new GeForce Go 7800 GTX, attempting to drive the 30" Dell 3007wfp display at its native resolution of 2560x1600. I've tried the Dell drivers (78.30), the 84.20 drivers, and a few in between with no luck (only with the Dell drivers, and then only at 1280x800 mirrored display). I've tried using it as a primary, a secondary, and as a mirror to my desktop screen with many driver versions. I'm suspecting that the Go version of the 7800 in the Dell Inspiron isn't dual-link DVI output on the back of the computer, or isn't dual-link at all (or it is disabled in firmware or something).

Anyone get any version of a "Go" 7800 GTX (or specifically a Dell version) running with this 30" Dell 3007wfp monitor at 2560x1600? If so, what computer/card/drivers are you using?

Alternately, can any technical experts out there answer the question about Dual-Link DVI?

And one last idea, I've got a Dell m170 coming (upgrade to the XPS Gen 2) with the same configuration. I'm wondering if just possibly, Dell upgraded the plumbing from the card to the DVI port in back to be dual-link in the new laptop (it's a long-shot I know, but hey, all I can do is try).

Thanks for your input.

-J.C.

Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2, 2.0GHz Pentium M, GeForce Go 7800 GTX, 2GB RAM, 100GB 7200RPM drive, ForceWare 84.20 Drivers. 6693 3Dmarks in 3DMark05 at default settings.