LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Forceware 196.75 Released

Galdere

We at LV2go highly recommend you do NOT intall this driver and go back to a previous Driver.

New in Version 196.75

* Adds support for Next Generation ION.

* Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.

* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.

* Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 1.0.9.1 (for supported GPUs).

* Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

o Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU

o Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology

o Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU

o Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology

o Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU

o Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology

* Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.

* Enhanced SLI support for World of Warcraft and Unigine.

* Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.

* Includes numerous bug fixes.

Win7/Vista 64 bit

Win7/Vista 32 bit

WinXP 32 bit

WinXP 64 bit

yes do we have the modified INF with these files?? I need support for my GT330M card!!

Edited by jorenis

Guest Killian

yes do we have the modified INF with these files?? I need support for my GT330M card!!

No, I don't mean modded infs, I mean the official NVIDIA mobile drivers.

No, I don't mean modded infs, I mean the official NVIDIA mobile drivers.

It won't let me look up any mobile drivers on their site now, so maybe they are working on getting those up too..

Guest Killian

It won't let me look up any mobile drivers on their site now, so maybe they are working on getting those up too..

Yeah I noticed that too, we can only hope :)

Got Battlefield BC 2 ordered for this week, hope they do come out soon.

nVidia is changing their content online.

Maybe there will be another versions later.

Guest ether

Why even bother posting drivers if you can't post the modded INF files at the same time? Incredibly annoying. QUALITY OVER HASTE. Being first (debatable) to post a news post with new drivers is not the be-all end-all.

Why even bother posting drivers if you can't post the modded INF files at the same time? Incredibly annoying. QUALITY OVER HASTE. Being first (debatable) to post a news post with new drivers is not the be-all end-all.

Because the previous poster just answered your question.

People shouting stupid things is more annoying.

We're a community of people who have a clue here, not a service for morons who want to be spoon fed.

Everything seems to work fine here. Benchmarks slightly better than 196.34 (6109 vs. 5950~ 3DMarks). No issues so far except that I had to install PhysX manually.

Guest Psyloid

hmm modding the inf didn't seem to be that difficult, i used an older inf as reference

will try the drivers when i get back from work (in a few hrs) - hope it works cause supposedly they would fix issues with the AvP game

Oh well, can't adjust brightness... sigh.

EDIT: Via Fn keys obviously

Edited by K4m1k4z3

A promising driver - but my inf alterations didn't fully succeed as DX10 doesn't work...

my modified INF wasnt a success either. 3DMark06 went from 6927 to 6459. Not very good!!

That's odd as my benchies were about the same as 191.87 and better than 195.62

Well, with the modified inf the result is worse.

im using a new GT330 GPU. The only other driver i have is 187.98 that toshiba supplied with the laptop. nvidia have no other supported drivers thats why i need this one to work

Hmm.. Lemme take a look at these. Will let you know if I find anything odd.

*Grabs Troll Feed*

There are a great number of people who mod their own drivers on LV2G. There is also a great number who rely on us to post news of new drivers so they can pass that info on. Not everyone comes here for Pieters modded INF, though he is the king. If you would like to try your hand at it feel free. If you need help just ask.

Here's an idea, make your own?

Take about biting off the hand that feeds you.

Soo many posts

So many words

So little content

Content is in first post. Welcome to the internet. :)

EDIT: On topic. Don't see any critical differences between the modified INF for 196.34 and this so it should function properly with it. Modified the 64bit version here. (Still recommend using Pieters version when available.)

Guest Robbo9999999

Soo many posts

So many words

So little content

Mmmm...I've got a feeling that Guest_Guest and Guest_Ether might be one and the same person!! Anyway, for some content...I've found these to be a good driver. Temperatures are identical to 196.34. Performance? 3DMark06 is also identical to 196.34. Games? GRID, Bioshock 2, Left 4 Dead 2 running smoothly, but really not any different to 196.34 in my eyes!! 196.34 = 196.75 in terms of performance in my experience.

[[M1530, T7250 (undervolted), 4GB RAM, 8600M GT (overclocked: 675/1450/1000)]]

Guest Guest

Content is in first post. Welcome to the internet. :)

EDIT: On topic. Don't see any critical differences between the modified INF for 196.34 and this so it should function properly with it. Modified the 64bit version here. (Still recommend using Pieters version when available.)