LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Forceware 196.75 Released

Galdere

For those impatient folks that always want the latest and greatest but are too impatient for someone to create a mod .inf file for you.....

Download THIS package and expand it then go to the last version of the 196.xx series, grab the modified INF there.

Compare the unaltered file and the modified file and see what it is that is being MODIFIED. Now make your own modified inf.

Now you know how to do it, you'll never have to wait for others again.... :)

What's that proverb? Give a man a fish....Teach a man TO fish.....

Exactly this...although some people probably need even more help than the common sense steps you gave, lol.

Anyway, I modded the inf and just like previous 196.XX versions, I got a blue screen on reboot. CTRL+ALT+DEL and was back in business, but control panel wouldn't open. Said conflicting versions. So I uninstalled again, driver sweeper again(and yes, did this first time around as well), then installed via have disk method and everything is fine.

Dragon Age, ME2, and Divinity 2 all play at about the same frame rates, but look better(color-wise and crispness)on the same settings. Temps are in line with 195.62; was running it since I couldn't get earlier 196's to run using any install method...with Pieter's inf, making my own or whatever. Bluescreened every time. Hopefully nVidia comes out with an official mobile set that fixes this problem.

Edited by hovercraftdriver

Guest Peter

For those impatient folks that always want the latest and greatest but are too impatient for someone to create a mod .inf file for you.....

Download THIS package and expand it then go to the last version of the 196.xx series, grab the modified INF there.

Compare the unaltered file and the modified file and see what it is that is being MODIFIED. Now make your own modified inf.

Now you know how to do it, you'll never have to wait for others again.... :)

Exactly - it's good advice. I've been following it for the past few weeks since I got my G51Jx with it's GeForce GTS360M but no driver I've tried has installed with my modded infs, other people's, or anything. I even double checked the DevIDs - but no luck, always the "No compatible driver for your hardware found." Just the one quite old OEM driver installs :) - hoping they release an official release soon.

Peter

Nautis can you hook me up with an INf for these?

See my edit above for the 64bit INF.

Exactly - it's good advice. I've been following it for the past few weeks since I got my G51Jx with it's GeForce GTS360M but no driver I've tried has installed with my modded infs, other people's, or anything. I even double checked the DevIDs - but no luck, always the "No compatible driver for your hardware found." Just the one quite old OEM driver installs :) - hoping they release an official release soon.

Peter

Peter try removing the subsysid and try it, for example:

[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1]
%NVIDIA_DEV.0A2B.01% = Section004, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A2B&SUBSYS_905A104D

becomes

[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1]
%NVIDIA_DEV.0A2B.01% = Section004, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A2B

NOTE: I dont have the specific code for yours in front of me so try it with your deviceid.

Guest pasta

Hi ppl

I got a big problem with the new drivers specially 196.34 and 196.75,

I am on WinVista32

i get errros while extracting the driver folder like below.

hj.jpg

secondly, it does extract all the files but the size of the folder is

hfh.jpg

then if i try to run the setup after pasting the mod.inf file i get this error

thfh.jpg

PLZ ADVISE since this problem has been annoying me since the new 9-series drivers

any help greatly appreciated!!

Hi ppl

I am on WinVista32

hj.jpg

hfh.jpg

thfh.jpg

PLZ ADVISE since this problem has been annoying me since the new 9-series drivers

BUMP

Edited by Greel_Salad

ALSO

i can install the DOX releases, like the latest 195.62, it works flawlessly but above onez giving me issues

pls help asap as i really wana try it for bfbc2 :)

thx :)

RivaTuner complains about missing nvdisps.dll.

Guest Jerome

Hi ppl

I am on WinVista32

hj.jpg

hfh.jpg

thfh.jpg

Sorry off topic but could you please tell the wallpaper you're using, i like it.

Thanks

Pasta try extracting it by running the exe itself rather than using a program like 7zip.

Pasta try extracting it by running the exe itself rather than using a program like 7zip.

thx alot that worked.thankyou :)

:) :P :unsure: :w00t: :unsure: :unsure:

thts true my friend cuz when i installed it i got multiple errors + the frame rate in Bf bad company 2 got worse and other issues,

well uninstall it now thru driver sweeper and install 196.34 , tht runs the game alot better.

just unbelievable that it kills the card :unsure: , just wow, another Nvidia strategy to increase customers.

LETS SUE NVIDIA :)